Hubby and myself had our lunch at Summer Garden Food Bistro in Vale of Tempe, Tanjung Bungah. Its right on the junction of Jalan Lembah Permai and the road leading to TAR College.

The garden is decorated with lots 0f green plants that creates a pleasantly outdoor environment.

The dining area inside is quite spacious and has a lot of decorative items.

It has an open kitchen right beside the counter.

The mains that we ordered were Duck Breast with Black Cherry Sauce for myself and Roasted Rack Of Lamb for hubby. The duck meat was firm and the cherry sauce compliment the meat. The greens were very fresh but we felt the portion was a bit small. The roast lamb was tender and served with brown sauce but hubby requested for some mint sauce instead.The food were very well presented.

After the food, we skip desserts but we did have a cup of coffee. The brown and white sugar were served in containers unlike most places that provide sugar sachets.

We were happy with the service, the food and relaxing environment. Do try out the cakes.

By the way, to call for service is just by pressing a button.

Summer Garden Bistro
No. 2 Lorong Lembah Permai 3
11200 Tanjung Bungah
Penang
Tel: 04 8900977
Business Hour : 11am – 10.30pm daily

View here for the Map Location. (updated)

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

This entry was posted on Sunday, November 4th, 2007 at 2:43 pm and is filed under Penang Restaurant, Western Cuisine. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

New Kid on the Blog

I went there last nite, never know there’s a place like that in Penang. Was told they have existed for some time…. yes, you are right, it’s a nice place to dine….

December 28th, 2007 at 7:41 am
what2see

Glad to hear that you liked the place..

January 4th, 2008 at 5:21 pm
scottie

I just bumped in to Summer garden few days ago. This restaurant was recommended by few of my frens by it’s not up to my expectation at all. To me, such a price should hv deserved something better. Food is norm, or should say awful with that kind of pricing. Place is small, thus press bell service is useless.

November 9th, 2008 at 11:10 pm
kopi

Went there last weekend for tea… tried their iced Latte… kind of disappointed cos too much milk…
No satisfaction for coffee lover :-p
I still prefer the one in “The Loft”….

January 13th, 2009 at 2:55 pm
ks

hi there…..i need the location or map to go there??

i want to know near some where else….opposite somewhere….

if can draw for me a direction how to go to your place summer garden food bistro….

i’m from B.M. town and i’m not penang people…so can tell me where are the summer garden food bistro was?

Thanks,
Reply me before 14th February 2009.

February 13th, 2009 at 12:00 am

ks – I have updated a map with its location and surroundings in this post. Do check it out.

February 13th, 2009 at 12:18 pm
ps

Hi…Good Day!!! would you mind to let me suggest you go to a Japanese restaurant in Tanjung Tokong….it NICE n CHEAP !!! Ichiban….. :)

April 8th, 2009 at 9:45 pm

ps – It’s good to have you visiting…and I do welcome all suggestions from my readers. I will mark down this Jap restaurant and visit it in time to come…thanks!

April 8th, 2009 at 11:44 pm
ps

Sorry for the late reply…recently quite bzz…the Jap restaurant name : Aji Noren, 98-G-35 Prima Tanjung, Jalan Fettes, Bandar Tanjung Tokong, 11200 Pg. Close on every Monday. U may try their ‘Special Ramen’ & ‘Salmon fried rice’(not in the menu, but u can talk to the lady boss)

April 17th, 2009 at 9:54 am