Mother’s day celebration came a bit late for me because of hubby’s work commitment. To compensate this, my son and hubby took me to Ferringhi Garden Restauran. I truly fell in love with this picturesque ‘garden’ restaurant when we reached there.

This upmarket restaurant has beautiful landscaped garden that surrounds the whole building. The patio planted with lusty green plants, a mini water fall and several fish ponds fill the whole place with tranquility. Windows were not left bare but dotted with hanging plants. The beautiful landscape garden stretches from the main entrance all the way to the back of the building.

The restaurant has another upper floor section which is used to cater large functions. The stairway leading up to the hall is pleasantly decorated with small orchid potted plants.

The indoor area is tastefully decorated with Balinese furniture, decorative items and floral arrangements. The fresh flowers plus the warm lighting makes the place charming and cosy. Inside the building is a spacious sitting lounge and a bar.

We chose to sit in the patio. Its natural cool surroundings and the sound of the running water from the  miniwater fall puts everyone in a truly relaxing mood.

I could not resist taking a shot of this beautiful lamp on the table….

Flicking through the menu, I was delighted to see the homemade tomato bread. The bread was toasted slightly brown and yet soft on the inside. The Italian tomato spread was very tasty.

Hubby had the BBQ chicken kebab which was marinated with herbs and spices. My son went for the pan fried fish fillet of red snapper. As for myself, I ordered the Mongolian steak served with lots of onions and mushroom in a sizzling hot plate. Overall, all the dishes were delicious.

We couldn’t resist the desserts although we were quite full. We had the cheese cake with Movenpick strawberry ice-cream.

In addition, we also had the chocolate and cheese cake with Movenpick chocolate ice-cream. Both desserts came with nice presentation.

These two lovely porcelain door plaque caught my eye while I was on my way to the ladies.

Located in Batu Ferringhi, The Ferringhi Garden Restaurant with good ambiance is the ideal place to entertain friends and loved ones. It was awarded the cleanest and pleasant restaurant way back in 2005. The staffs were very attentive and friendly. We were truly amazed that there is such a charming and cosy restaurant tucked in the corner of Batu Ferringhi.

*Directions – After Parkroyal Hotel, take the first right turn into a narrow lane. Drive until you reach a T-junction. Turn left into the car park entrance. The main entrance of the restaurant is directly opposite Yahong Art Gallery. Click here for the map location.

Updates (12/7/2010) : More of Ferringhi Garden can be seen here.

Ferringhi Garden
Address : 34-C Batu Ferringhi
11100 Penang

Tel : 04 8811193

Business Hours : 2.00 pm till 12.00 am

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

This entry was posted on Saturday, May 17th, 2008 at 4:20 pm and is filed under Batu Feringgi, Events, Penang, Penang Restaurant, Tanjung Bungah, Western Cuisine. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

JeromeFo???

Omgz. EVerything is so nice!
But abit far from my place ><
The Mongolian steak caught my attentiong! Good snap on it!

May 17th, 2008 at 4:45 pm
little inbox

Nice environment. Romantic as well. Good introduction.

May 18th, 2008 at 12:06 am
CK Lam

jeromefo…nice to know that you stumbled on to my blog. make it a point to visit this place if you come around.

little inbox… I highly recommend this place to you.

May 18th, 2008 at 12:14 am
550ml jar of faith

The tomato bread & spread looks especially inviting. How did you like the fries? I’m always surprised how higher-end places still serve frozen crinkle-cut fries with their main courses. I’d prefer home made, wedges or mash.

May 18th, 2008 at 1:33 pm
CK Lam

550ml jar of faith …I was surprised to see the fries too. I personally like mash and potato with bacon bits.
The tomato bread is really good and highly recommended.

May 18th, 2008 at 8:42 pm
Duckie

Hi there, thanks for visiting my blog. This garden restaurant looks very nice. Food looks delicious too. Is it expensive?! Oh, and it is very very near where I stay!!!

May 20th, 2008 at 8:40 am
buzzingbee

The food and desserts looks tempting!! Will need to find time to go to this place…it’s quite far from where I stay :(

May 20th, 2008 at 10:05 am
New Kid on the Blog

Thks for sharing!!! Nice environment!!

May 20th, 2008 at 12:45 pm
JeromeFo???

Lolx.Thanks for the reply =)
Hope ya can blog more about penang foods.I went there once only with my lecturers. Will go there again when i come back to Malaysia [This year July]

May 20th, 2008 at 5:46 pm
durianberry

Wah the place is very beautiful! Surrounded by greens and the sound of water trickling down. Food looks super yummy especially the bread :D

May 23rd, 2008 at 5:52 pm
CK Lam

duckie – it would be easier for you to visit this place since you stay so nearby…must go!!! Prices ranging from moderate to higher end, however the great ambience makes up for it :)

buzzingbee – u do realize that you are missing out on great deserts :p ..one day or another, you might end up in Batu Ferringgi and when you do, make sure a visit to this place is in yr intinery :)

May 23rd, 2008 at 8:47 pm
CK Lam

durianberry – you are right…it is a beautiful place. Make sure you hit this joint when you come back! Expert photographer like you will be able to capture all the sceneries crystal clear :) ..Do make sure you order the tomato bread..its utterly fantastic :)

May 23rd, 2008 at 8:48 pm
Rasa Malaysia

This restaurant looks beautiful. I have never even noticed it.

May 24th, 2008 at 8:02 am
CK Lam

This beautifully lighted restaurant caught my attention on a night drive up to the hotel.
Hardly noticed it during the day when I passes through.
You should drop by when you are back in Pg.

May 24th, 2008 at 12:44 pm
Criz Lai

Hehe.. looked like a great place for me to go “Phat Thor”. I will made a trip up there for sure when I’m up there for some strolling along the night market. :P

May 28th, 2008 at 2:15 pm
what2see

cirz lai – the lightings and the ambience makes this place very romantic… highly recommend it to dating couples…

May 28th, 2008 at 6:51 pm
kl

thx to ya beautiful comment on F.G, the place is so nice and guess what? I get to hold my girl fragile hand when i was about to step into the garden that lead u to the waterfall.. hahaha thank you so much!! haha

May 29th, 2008 at 5:32 pm
CK Lam

kl – very happy to know that my review bought you to this romantic place and it is here that you see your relationship with your girlfriend going to another closer stage…so sweet.

May 29th, 2008 at 9:12 pm
Mervyn

CK Lam, this is a great blog and i really love ur efforts. I found out that this FG is great place for me to drop by for a B’day dinner but it’s best for your blog to reveal the contacts or official website of the place u blogged. Really appreciate your efforts! gonna tell more ppl about this.

August 28th, 2008 at 3:50 pm
CK Lam

Mervyn – You have definitely found the best place to celebrate ones birthday. Hope you have a great time there and would be nice to hear from you of the outing.

Thanks for your suggestion and I will try to add the info in my future post :)

August 29th, 2008 at 11:36 am
Deluxcious Doll

but everything is also pricey>.<

August 31st, 2008 at 11:00 pm
CK Lam

Deluxcious doll – As in all restaurants, there are entrees that are slightly pricey and others that are more reasonable.

Choose according to your budget, there are bound to have an item that is suitable for you…

September 1st, 2008 at 10:51 pm
HN

Hi CK, I would like to organize a gathering with my old friends (who are all food lovers) in Penang this coming November .. Between, The Sire and Ferringhi Garden, which one do you recommend? Thanks for your advice :)

September 29th, 2008 at 5:23 pm
CK Lam

HN – It is lovely of you dropping by my blog.

To my opinion, dining at Ferringhi Garden is more relaxing and have an option of indoor n outdoor sitting with beautiful garden surroundings.

Whereas in The Sire, it looks more formal with beautiful decorations and antiques but movement wise, diners are confine in a building.

Both restaurants are under the same management and presentation and taste of food is just as good. I know the chef and I can help to arrange for you if the need arises.

September 30th, 2008 at 11:07 am
HN

I truly appreciate your recommendation:)That’s very kind of you! I will definitely post about the gathering in my blog later. Have a pleasant day!

p/s: Congrats for being chosen as featured blog in Sunday Guang Ming!

September 30th, 2008 at 4:10 pm
tutueeyore

CK Lam good pick on those restaurant! I really love all your idea. Very unique. By the way, I had try to send you an email…I don’t think i got the right one. I actually sent it to anna.teo email address. Please check and see?? from tutueeyore@hotmail.com

Any how, will definately visit Mario ristorante and then the Ferringi restaurant!!

October 1st, 2008 at 3:12 am
CK Lam

Tutueeyore – Thanks for visiting my blog and I am glad that you like it.

I just came to know from the Head Chef in Ferringhi Garden that they are coming up with a new menu soon which sounds interesting.

If you need any arrangement, just let me know and I will contact him to whip up sometime special just for you and your group of friends.

October 1st, 2008 at 10:23 am
shannon

wow! this is so nice! how about the price there? is it pricey? appreciate your feedback.

October 9th, 2008 at 8:34 am

Shannon – This restaurant is a real beauty, most customers fall in love with the surroundings.

Just like in most restaurants, food comes with different prices, varies from RM 20 something to much higher for the better cut of meat. There is definitely something suitable for everyone.

You can even drop by for a drink and some light snack.

October 10th, 2008 at 11:29 pm
Dan

Any contact number for Ferringhi Garden Restaurant? Booking needed for public holidays?

November 8th, 2008 at 6:20 pm

Dan – You can always call up them at 04 881 1193 for enquiries and reservations.

November 8th, 2008 at 6:35 pm
tong

it is a very beautiful restaurant but i cannot say the same for the food. ordered the steak n it was over done n even the same for fish.

December 22nd, 2008 at 11:53 am

tong – I just talked to the Executive Chef about your experience in this restaurant, and he has sincerely apologize and will look into it.

December 22nd, 2008 at 3:00 pm

I went over for dinner on my birthday and we ordered the mongolian sizzling beef and rosemary chicken. The rosemary chicken tastes awful! Blergh,it’s like the sauce is wayy past it’s date or something and the wild mushroom soup we had made us nearly puked cause the soup tastes VERY weird and we’re REALLY thirsty after our meal there =(

January 4th, 2009 at 4:54 am
Mervyn

I believe everything comes in fair.
the place + food + price.
if all the above 3 factors are good, you wont find a place there anymore. :d

January 14th, 2009 at 7:52 pm
peggy

do u hav ferringhi garden phone num?
i wan to reserve…
can u giv me, thank…

February 7th, 2009 at 9:17 am

Peggy – The telephone number is also stated in the post…Tel : 04 8811193

February 7th, 2009 at 9:29 am
peggy

thanks CK Lam,i reserve alry…
which restorants u recommand again in penang?

February 9th, 2009 at 10:15 pm
yihshuh

may i know got valentine’s day package menu?
how much?

February 9th, 2009 at 11:13 pm

Peggy – I am not too sure, what type of cuisine that you like. Do browse through my blog, and drop me an email…will gladly reply you :)

Yihshuh – I did not get the menu this time but do call them to check it out.

February 10th, 2009 at 9:47 am
yihshuh

alrdy phone and ask
got valentine’s day package but is RM299++
mayb go there but not take the valentine package

February 10th, 2009 at 3:34 pm
NORMAN NG

THIS RESTAURANT ISIT SAME CHEF WITH SIRE ITALIAN RESTAURANT.?

February 17th, 2009 at 7:23 pm

Norman Ng – You are right, the head chef takes care of both the restaurants.

February 17th, 2009 at 9:21 pm

After reading your post about Ferringhi Garden, we decided to go there this coming Friday for a friend’s farewell dinner. Can’t wait to see this beautifully described restaurant!

My Taste Heaven´s last blog post..Eastern & Oriental Hotel (E&O Hotel) Penang, Malaysia

April 4th, 2009 at 10:48 pm

My Taste Heaven – I hope all of you have a great time at this lovely restaurant.

April 5th, 2009 at 5:03 pm
JoJo

Ms. Lam, thanks for this info. I found that was the restaurant I’d been to when I was in Penang last time. Very good memory. The grilled snap fish there is also worth of recommendation :)

April 9th, 2009 at 10:55 am

Hi CK,

It’s a nice outlet, I have been there twice in less than 2 weeks.

It would be good if good food comes with good drinks. Paulaner premium beer could be in the equation.

Frankly, I am a loyal supporter of Paulaner, it’s at a different class.

Best Regards,
Henry

Henry´s last blog post..Bukit Genting Hill (Part 2 of 3)

June 14th, 2009 at 8:52 pm
Roy

can i ask…if the restaurant is vegetarian friendly?

August 2nd, 2009 at 10:46 pm
TP Yap

Hi there, this restaurant food and environment looks nice. I will be bringing a group of colleagues with me some where next week. Do i need to call & make a reservation? There are about 10-12pax of us.

Thanks, TP

August 11th, 2009 at 6:50 pm

JoJo & Henry – Thanks for the feedback.

Roy – It is not vegetarian friendly…

TP Yap – Better to make a reservation for a group, do contact them at 04 8811193.

August 11th, 2009 at 11:49 pm
wInG

may i know what is the price for the meal? is it expensive?

September 8th, 2009 at 11:01 pm
Faye

the food overall are ok… environment cozy and romantic. However, one thing that i really don’t like is the staff. they didn’t know how to recommend their own food and when i asked for recommendation on cocktail, they said they doesn’t serve!!!!! how funny…later i found it in the drinks menu..pls ask them to hire more english speaking staffs. that would make them perfect in all sense..

September 14th, 2009 at 11:49 pm

wInG – Main dish prices are reasonable, varies from around RM30 onwards, depending on your choice of meat and seafood.

Faye – Having foreign workers in a restaurant is unavoidable nowadays but would be best if they are well trained. Hope the management will look into this matter.

September 15th, 2009 at 10:20 am
Jocelyn

Hi CK, I like your blog very much, it’s provided me a great suggestion to held the gathering with my friend. Thanks!!
As for Ferringhi Garden, it bring special meaning to me! My hubby & I invited 10 guests to enjoy a romantic wedding dinner there.
It’s a extraordinary dinner, the atmosphere, food & service are pleasure.
Unforgettable memory……

December 18th, 2009 at 12:06 am

Jocelyn – Glad that you & hubby enjoyed the evening.

December 18th, 2009 at 1:46 am
lynnie

may i know got birthday’s day package menu at ferringhi garden??
how much?

January 12th, 2010 at 12:11 am

lynnie – I am not too sure about that but do call them up to enquire about it. I am sure they will help you out.

January 12th, 2010 at 12:24 am
Teresa

1st time having a wedding dinner at Ferringhi Garden and it’s a memorable one! Such a perfect place to have such occasions!! Congratulations to both Constance and Wilson and May both of u live happily ever after! wow…

Glad you had a great time…

February 27th, 2010 at 8:18 am
Lisa K

Dear CK Lam,

Thanks so much for all those food ideas that you had provided years. I follow your guide and took my friends (from the states/canada) to the restaurant that you had recommended. It was beyond fabulous!!!

I am back to ask for more ideas…this time i will have some VVIP japan client come over to penang. Would like to bring them to some really nice places during their stay in Penang. I pick the G-Hotel. Please guide me one more time to where i can bring them for meals???

It would be awesome if you can email those great idea to me at ; tutueeyore@hotmail.com

Thank you so very much!!!!

Do check your email….I have forwarded the info to you.

March 26th, 2010 at 11:07 pm
BB

can i noe izit this place near beach ?
if i wish have candle light dinner …how the cost ?

The restaurant is walkable distance to the beach. Do call them up for more info on the dinner. The tel no. is 04 8811193.

May 21st, 2010 at 12:06 pm
Cynthia

Hello! This seems like a nice place. I heard that they serve a la carte right? Around how much? I actually called up to ask and the person told me it’s about RM70++ per pax. But i wouldn’t really know cuz i havent been there.

I presume the person that you talked to over the phone should have provided you with the prices. Anyway, do give a rough estimation to the given prices as it also depends on the food you are ordering…

May 23rd, 2010 at 8:19 pm
Lee Ying

hi.. for the ferringhi restaurant..do i need to make a reservation?

It is good to do so as you are certain of getting a table :)

July 27th, 2010 at 7:20 pm
Sammy

A very nice open air restaurant in Penang. Beautiful landscape garden especially at night. Very tastefully decorated exterior and interior of the premises. Beautiful bar area. Food is average. Overall a pleasant dinning experience att Ferringhi Garden. Will definitely bring more friends to this great place.

July 29th, 2010 at 3:08 pm

I have always wanted to dine here but never did..the look of the restaurant from the outside is so nice. After reading your article makes me want to dine there even more!

August 1st, 2010 at 9:53 am
ai wei

nice place and environment..

August 12th, 2010 at 4:56 pm
Mic

my i knw the business hour..? i try call but no body pick up phone…

There are some changes, the business hours are as follows – from 2pm till 12 am. Do give them a call after 2om.

August 20th, 2010 at 1:37 pm

Any good food to be intro ?? As planning this coming week, I’m planning to celebrate my hubby’s birthday at this restaurant with a gang of my lovely family member !!

October 3rd, 2010 at 4:31 pm
fizza

i just wanna ask, it it HALAL for muslim people..?

April 9th, 2012 at 2:31 pm
Sharbana

i just wanna ask, it it HALAL for muslim people..?

June 7th, 2012 at 9:27 pm

They serve mashed potato with bits of bacon. I assume this restaurant is non halal. Am I correct?

December 18th, 2012 at 3:32 pm

1. The Sire Museum Restaurant, Penang | What2See : Best of Penang Food!    Nov 03 2008 / 7pm:

[...] fine dining restaurant on the ground floor is managed by the same owner of Ferringhi Garden. We had a chat with their Executive chef, Mr Yeoh Woei Liang who also runs the kitchen in Ferringhi [...]

2. » Penang Western Food List Penang Deli    Sep 13 2009 / 10am:

[...] Garden Restaurant Address: 34-C Batu Ferringhi 11100 Penang Tel Number: 04 8811193 Related Links: http://www.what2seeonline.com/2008/05/ferringhi-garden-restaurant-penang/ http://www.chinsiang.com/?tag=ferringhi-garden [...]

3. Penang Western Food List Penang Deli    Jan 02 2010 / 11am:

4. Dining in Penang - Six Course Dinner at Ferringhi Garden | What2See : Best of Penang Food!    Jul 12 2010 / 4pm:

[...] A warm welcome greeted me as I once again stepped into the charming Ferringhi Garden located in Batu Ferringhi, Penang. Many readers came to know about this truly captivating restaurant which was first published in my blog, way back in 2008. [...]