Sep

Penang Bloggers/Floggers Gathering

Posted by: CK Lam   in Events, George Town, International, Swiss

Penang bloggers are organizing a gathering this month and all bloggers and non-bloggers are welcome to join in this occasion. The gathering cum dinner will be at a charming cafe with a pleasant and cozy environment… Edelweiss Cafe.

P1040376

P1040357

Place : Eldelweiss Cafe
38 Armenian Street
Penang

Time : 7.00 PM

Date : 27th September (Saturday)

Do drop an email for any enquiries and confirmation to me, lingzie, penangtuapui or gill gill.

Updates

Enclosed is the map showing the location of Edelweiss Cafe and a peek of the food.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

This entry was posted on Thursday, September 4th, 2008 at 8:57 am and is filed under Events, George Town, International, Swiss. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

Sweet Jasmine

Wow,a gathering in Penang. Hope to make it there…

September 4th, 2008 at 10:09 am
PenangTuaPui

sweet jasmine…. happy to have you here with us.

make sure u come… we need more ppl to book the whole cafe.

hi CK, you have done a great job. Well done….

It is good to have you as our PR in our commitee….

September 4th, 2008 at 11:09 am
CK Lam

Sweet Jasmine – Do try to join.
Really hope to have the chance to get to know you better.

Penangtuapui – Hopefully get to see the three of you coming with your partners too…

September 4th, 2008 at 11:22 am
J2Kfm

oh Edelweiss Cafe, a cozy place for gathering. Been wanting to visit this place after reading the blogs …

September 4th, 2008 at 2:29 pm
550ml jar of faith

Ooh I really hope to make it back for this!! When’s the latest we have to RSVP?

September 4th, 2008 at 6:42 pm
CK Lam

J2kfm – Would be nice if you can come to Penang to join us this time. There is so much of Ipoh that you can share with us!

550ml jar of faith – It would be best to confirm a week before the gathering day…and I hope it will be yes from you :)

September 4th, 2008 at 9:09 pm
CK Lam

EMAIL2ME, BUZZINGBEE & CARISO – I have received all your emails of confirmation in attending the gathering and see you real soon :)

September 4th, 2008 at 10:42 pm
Tau Sar Phneah

wish i could join you all…great choice…i’ve been there once for lunch..love the deco in it..very ‘heritage’…and do check out the toilet…haha..

September 5th, 2008 at 2:44 am
Dragon

hi, i hope to join as well. where is armenian street by the way??? i have totally no idea. most probably i can make it, by when i need to let u know?

September 5th, 2008 at 1:15 pm
buzzingbee

thanks for email.

yes, Penangtuapui, CK does really make a good PR!! Hahhaa. I’ve never been to that cafe.
Not very sure of the direction though. Hope I can find it. After years living in KL, now back here makes me kind of hopeless in town roads/directions!! :(

September 5th, 2008 at 1:38 pm
CK Lam

Tau Sar Phneah – Most of the decorations there are lovely and there are a few photos in my earlier post too.

I did check out the toilet and I am rather ‘impressive’ with it…haha

September 5th, 2008 at 1:46 pm
CK Lam

BUZZINGBEE & DRAGON – Luckily both of you asked me for the directions…it was so forgetful of me to include it. Thanks for reminding.

I have updated it with a map…do check it out.

September 5th, 2008 at 2:09 pm
Foong

Hi CK,
Just wondering, can bring family wan or not? Also, my anonymity assured wan or not? heheheh…been blogging too much ‘sensitive’ issues (in my personal blogs) of late so have to be very, very careful lor. Maybe I have to bring a non-disclosure form for all who turned up to sign…lol
I’ve been to the cafe a few times already and find it a bit pricey altho the food is okay.

September 6th, 2008 at 1:18 am
Eleen Por

I would LOVE to join you folks…but on the last week of Sept, I will be stuck in Kobe-land for work. *cry*

September 6th, 2008 at 8:56 am
CK Lam

Foong – You are most welcome to bring anyone, the more the merrier.

There are bound to be some bloggers that are ‘camera shy’…we will try as far as posssible to have their names mention only.

Maybe we could just have a post of the gathering just with photos of the food and environment…sort of a ‘faceless’ post… what do you guys think???

September 6th, 2008 at 9:52 am
CK Lam

Eleen Por – Was hoping to see you…what a timing. Well,work comes first and I hereby wish you a pleasant working trip (and eating plenty of nice food).

Hope we will get to meet up in other gatherings!

September 7th, 2008 at 9:48 am
Eleen Por

Yea..I am sure there will be another chance in the near future to meet all of you great folks :D

I have one free day to jalan-jalan cari-makan in downtown Tokyo since it’s a Public Holiday on the following day after I touchdown. So, will take lots of pix and share with you folks, ya! ;)

September 7th, 2008 at 7:54 pm
Rasa Malaysia

When is the flogger get-together? Aiya, I have just come back from Penang. I have never met any floggers there, the next time I go home, I must try to organize something. :)

September 9th, 2008 at 6:34 pm
CK Lam

Rasa Malaysia – The coming gathering is on 27th of Sept…hopefully there is a chance of you coming back…

If you can’t, then let me know your next home coming trip, I will try to arrange another gathering then.

September 9th, 2008 at 10:50 pm
Allie

CK, I am very sorry to tell you that I am not able to join this gathering as I need to attend a wedding dinner. sigh… miss another gathering again! *sad*

September 11th, 2008 at 9:45 am
lingzie

ck..just saw your post today! after i did my post! lol. you are very fast. sorry i’ve been MIA. just finished being a bridesmaid and just came back from KL :)

September 11th, 2008 at 3:39 pm
CK Lam

Allie – Hope we will eventually meet in one of the future gatherings.

Lingzie – Its good to see you back in town. Your post will definitely help to spread the news :)

September 11th, 2008 at 7:57 pm
Christy

Ooo…the first gathering in Penang!!
The date, oh no…I will be in KL for my mummy’s birthday.
Sob sob…I’m gonna have to pass on this….:(

Have fun, Penang bloggers….

September 19th, 2008 at 5:13 pm
CK Lam

Christy – In fact, this is our second gathering in Penang… the first was at Hainan Restaurant.

It’s a pity we can’t have you with us this time around but we would like to see you in our future gatherings.

September 20th, 2008 at 6:01 pm
Steven Goh

excellent, I am looking forward to this gathering :)

September 25th, 2008 at 8:37 am
red.dot

My daughter was in an unbearable situation where she needs to go for pee while waiting for my hubby to get the car since he does not want us to walk under the hot humid sun. We were at Armenian Street. I’ve told him about our daughter’s needing to go to a toilet and instantly and I took her walk along the street but there were no public toilet there. Edelweiss Restaurant & Bar was right in front. (No. 38, Armenian Street) My daughter and I went down and straight into the outlet.
As I went in and VERY POLITELY asking the waiter and get the permission to let my little gal using the toilet as my gal can’t stand it anymore, the waiter immediately say we not allowed to used the restaurant’s toilet if we’re not their ‘customers’. At that point of time, I can remember seeing my poor daughter was holding both hands to her belly as a sign that she really in pain has to pee urgently. I again told the waiter it’s not me that i need to go but it is this poor child that can’t bear anymore. The waiter answered without hesitant that we need to be a customer to be able to utilize the toilet. I the asked ‘if I buy a mineral water from you, would you let us used the toilet?’ and the immediate answer from the waiter was ‘YES’. If you buy a bottle of mineral water then u are our customer. I think the business must closing down soon and so desperate., I then got so angry and I told him I wish to know who the boss is and guess what? Immediately an Indian lady with Maggie Mee Hairstyle that sitting bout 2 meters away answer sarcastically ‘I’m the BOSS’. She then backed up her Indian staff very strongly. She said ‘We’re running a business here and we can’t allow non-customers to use the toilet.’ And she knew my daughter was holding on to her belly which any HUMAN BEING would know this 4 year old gal really needs to pee. I told her off by telling her I will definitely share this incident and mak it public and guess what? she told me ‘GO AHEAD’ and the Indian waiter asked if I needed their name card! That blew my mind ! What type of a restaurant is this ? PARIAH …………… i Immediately took my daughter out from the horrible place and right after walking out, my daughter asked me ‘MUMMY..MUMMY…MY URINE IS GOING TO COME OUT’… I think u cover me and she doesn’t mind to pee on the road side drainage and I was so so saddened as my daughter have never requested to pee by the road side before. I almost cred seeing my gal in such situation and was treated WITHOUT ANY COMPASSION by the Edelweiss’s so called lady boss and ITS waiter.
I told my hubby that was waiting for us at no parking zone in front of the bicycle shop. I then took her to the shop and the lady owner was kind enough immediately let us used the toilet. After sharing the incident with my hubby, we immediately took a round back to Edelweiss Restaurant to take a photo of the outlet to share with friends and families about the uncompassionate treatment (seems that even cats and dogs have more compassion) that we’ve encounter. My hubby came out from the car to week for an explanation from the Indian Lady boss. She was quick to get out from her table to explain to my hubby. But still she did not apologized for her action and that angers my hubby and I. It really ‘pissed’ us off and that we’ve have some exchanged of words to be honest. Actually the Indian lady was more like a ‘barking DOG’. She then asked us to ‘get out’ which of course we did not since the ‘DOG’ is still barking ! Our car was blocking the way of a taxi since it’s narrow one way street and we did not want to waste and more time with the’ barking DOG’ and ruin our family outing and we left.

Parents, please try to put you in the situation. How would you feel not only towards the uncompassionate treatment by these worse than animal creatures, but also to feel and see our children’s expression in unbearable situation ? BOYCOTT THIS RESTAURANT FOR THE LOVED OF ALL LITTLE CHILDREN.

March 12th, 2013 at 1:07 am