Oct

Welcome all to What2seeonline.com

Posted by: CK Lam   in Events

7th of October is indeed a very beautiful day for me and my family, and ultimately my food blog! We decided to take a giant leap by forming our own domain instead of relying on Blogspot anymore. Its not that Blogspot is not any good, it has served me well over the months; however I find that What2See needs more room for expansion, thus getting the new domain.

It has been a very exciting 24 hours for me, from re-editing all the widgets to dealing with the new Hosting company. Very very fortunately, I have had help from the legendary Ken Chan! He has helped me in more ways than one; transferring all the old post, building up the template, walking me through every step of the way… Ken, you rock! To Huat Koay of PTP , who helps in the debugging and guiding me on the know how of WordPress. Thank you very much to both of you :D

Big shoutout too to my Hubby and Son for supporting me in this transition, couldn’t have done it without all you guys!

***

Do not be surprised when you are prompted with a Redirection question when trying to enter my old blog, http://tmytmz.blogspot.com . We are now being hosted on our own domain, www.what2seeonline.com

ps. I would really appreciate it if all other bloggers and readers could kindly change my URL to this new one. Thanks :D

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

This entry was posted on Tuesday, October 7th, 2008 at 7:23 pm and is filed under Events. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

congratulation!

October 7th, 2008 at 8:28 pm
cariso

In ony 24 hours can kao tim everything? Really????

October 7th, 2008 at 8:31 pm

congratulation….

cariso: dun ever challenge.. hee hee… we got very strong team to help up here… haha…

u wan to be our next customer? Call me or Ken…

October 7th, 2008 at 9:26 pm
CK Lam

Big Boys Oven – Thank you and nice seeing you again in my new domain.

Cariso – Yes, everything can kao in 24 hours. Ken & PTP are good. You can take my word for it.

October 7th, 2008 at 9:42 pm

Wow! Congrats! It’s great to be on WordPress now. You get more flexibilities in doing what you want. Keep showing us more new food please.. hehe :P

Criz Lai´s last blog post..REVIEW – BEACH BLANKET BABYLON

October 7th, 2008 at 9:43 pm
CK Lam

Penangtuapui – Thanks, couldn’t have done it without your help and advice :)

October 7th, 2008 at 9:44 pm
CK Lam

Criz Lai – Its definitely nice to be on WordPress but have lots of things to learn and getting familiar with.

You have done a great job yourself on your blog.

October 7th, 2008 at 9:51 pm

Wow, a quick idea, turns into real just only 24 hours! Fantastic for Ken & PTP :P

eh, PTP starting get his business deal :P

btw, Congrate to our PR Lady…haha

gill gill´s last blog post..Woon Pin Fish Head Noodle @ Taman Desa, KL

October 7th, 2008 at 10:20 pm

Hi CK… congratulations! It’s very good move indeed. Then you have more space to put up your picts & infos instead of only 10 MB! I still learning the ways of blogging even tho my family have our own domain. I will make the big move later on…:-D

pixen´s last blog post..Stir-fry Gai Choi With Shiitake Mushroom and Salted Fish

October 7th, 2008 at 11:02 pm

Glad that everything goes smooth … :D

October 7th, 2008 at 11:21 pm

Wow. Great new site and congrats! Eh, I didn’t know PTP and Ken are into hosting and setting up of WP blogs.
only 24 hours? Impressive! It took me one full week to figure out the basics and till now, I still don’t know how to do some stuffs on WP!

Foong´s last blog post..Chocolate banana pancake

October 7th, 2008 at 11:28 pm

Gillgill – It definitely is a quick decision to turn the idea into a reality…. can settle in just only 24 hours. At least I can get a good night sleep tonight.

Pixen – Would be easier for blogging with so much more spaces…more photos for my readers to see…haha, Waiting to hear you take that big step soon.

Email2me – At last, a good night rest..after adjusting the whole day.

October 7th, 2008 at 11:59 pm

congratulations ck!!!!

hope to see more posts with great food review.. :) :)

TauSarPhneah´s last blog post..Lebuh Macallum ”Kew Ong Tai Tay” Celebration ??????????????

October 8th, 2008 at 12:53 am

Congrats on your own and new domain, CK!

One difference I noticed – No music! :D

I’ve always enjoyed the background music of your blogspot. Just tot it’d be a waste if your new domain does not have that feature anymore :)

October 8th, 2008 at 1:03 am

Exactly the same as tmytmz blogspot… even the layout are all the same also…. muahaha

Steven Goh´s last blog post..Varieties Of Vegetable Food @ Lip Sin Garden

October 8th, 2008 at 8:48 am

Tau Sar Phneah – Will start posting as soon as everything is done…please bear with me :)

Eleen Por – Quite a few of my readers love the song and I am now also very ‘kek sim’ without it feature in this new domain :(

Will try my best to get it back…thanks for your support.

Steven Goh – Somehow, I still find this template quite unique but will change it when the time comes for a new makeover…haha

October 8th, 2008 at 10:06 am

Congratulation! Wow…You are so great that manage to do everything within 24 hours. Do remember to post up more photos for the place that you visit next time.

giNnA´s last blog post..Stila counter in Penang Gurney Plaza

October 8th, 2008 at 10:28 am

Wah, new house so I come for housewarming party. Where’s the champagne?

Congrats!

October 8th, 2008 at 10:31 am

Wow, the new and the good stuff doesn’t stop with you, does it? Congrats on yr successful transfer! Look forward to more frequent posts, even more glorious pics then? ;-)

550ml jar of faith´s last blog post..Quintessential Penang, Kafe Kheng Pin, Penang Road

October 8th, 2008 at 1:23 pm

Wow! So great!
Can’t wait for your next review.

allie´s last blog post..HK Food Court

October 8th, 2008 at 2:41 pm
Kaya MeeKoo

Heartiest Congratulations! Hope to see more great things to come! ;-)

October 8th, 2008 at 3:11 pm

Ginna – There are still some minor things to settle. Will have a post up soon.

Lilian – Makan-makan, no problem but no champagne ok :) Thanks for your comment!

550ml jar of faith – The transfer was very smooth with minor adjustments. Luckily the major operation is over.

October 8th, 2008 at 3:24 pm

Allie – The next review will be round the corner, hope I can have it out…haha

Kaya Meekoo – I will try my best to introduce more yummy food to all of you.

October 8th, 2008 at 3:30 pm

Congrats on your dot.com domain. Looking forward to more interesting post from you in your new “virtual home”!! :)

buzzingbee´s last blog post..Another night of fun – 2nd Floggers Gathering

October 8th, 2008 at 4:05 pm

Congrats!! I also just started my own domain few months ago. :)

Jys´s last blog post..High heels, high heels, why gals need high heels..

October 8th, 2008 at 5:19 pm

Hey, congratulations!!!

New Kid On The Blog´s last blog post..Home Cook Ham Wrap Asparagus

October 8th, 2008 at 8:48 pm

Hi CK, congratulation! ur blog looks professional leh…with ur own domain…hehehe…

Ah Shui´s last blog post..Chocolate Chip Cookies

October 8th, 2008 at 9:14 pm

Foong – I have alot of minor stuffs and things to go through, maybe we can share with each other…

Buzzingbee – Thanks, will start posting the next few days.

October 8th, 2008 at 9:38 pm

Jys – Congrates to you too…at least you have adapted to the new changes …I am still trying my best to adapt.

New Kid on the Blog & Ah Shui – Thank you so much for all your lovely comments :)

October 8th, 2008 at 9:54 pm

congrats CK!!!

looks like we both owe ken a big meal! lol
hope you’re getting used to the new wordpress. :)

lingzie´s last blog post..KissA Koyotei Japanese Restaurant @ Jalan Hutton, Penang

October 8th, 2008 at 10:46 pm

Congrats, CK,

samyeap´s last blog post..Bakso the Indonesian meatballs with soup

October 8th, 2008 at 11:48 pm

Finally you have your own domain. It is better right? Hehe.

allenooi´s last blog post..Fun Tea Garden

October 9th, 2008 at 1:58 pm

Lingzie – Maybe both of us can belanja Ken together. I am trying to learn more of wordpress or else a bit susah to start my first post.

Sam Yeap – Thanks. Hope to see more of your nice photos!

Allen Ooi – A new place with everything new. Struggling to fit myself in for the first few days.

October 9th, 2008 at 3:17 pm

No wonder la, I keep on failing to access your tmytmz blogspot. Ok, already updated my link to this new domain. WordPress is user friendly. I use it before.

little inbox´s last blog post..Pan-Fried Yam Cake

October 10th, 2008 at 8:50 am

no wonder!!
i tried typing http://tmytmz.blogspot.com for the past few days….
and it’s totally dead…..

meimeizoe´s last blog post..Websms is Not safe to Use

October 10th, 2008 at 3:45 pm

Little Inbox & Meimeizoe – I’m glad both of you have found my new url…Its never too late, thanks for the support :)

October 10th, 2008 at 4:51 pm

Congrats :) You have taken a larger step into serious food blogging

vkeong´s last blog post..Floating Seafood Paradise Restaurant @ Bukit Tambun

October 10th, 2008 at 4:56 pm

VKeong – Everything just comes without much planning. A chat over the msn with Ken, leads to the registration and from there it leads to the ‘birth’ of my new domain.

Looking back can be a bit scary but luckily with all the support and backing from everyone, it went smoothly with just minor hiccups.

Thanks for your support for what2see!

October 16th, 2008 at 12:00 pm