Azuma is the latest Japanese Restaurant which opens its door on 27th December in Queensbay Mall, Penang. This restaurant is very spacious with many tables and customers can choose to have a window seat to enjoy the view of the Penang Bridge. A section of this restaurant is occupied with a sushi bar, surrounded with a conveyor belt filled with plenty plates of sushi.

dpp_0001.jpg

dpp_0054.jpg

Hubby and myself were introduced to a few of their ‘must try’ dishes by the supervisor.  One of them was the Shake Tataki Maki @RM15. Unlike the usual raw salmon maki which I had eaten at other places, this maki had the salmon lightly seared. This method brings a different taste to this roll. Delicious and highly recommended to try this for those that do not like eating raw salmon.

dpp_0061.jpg

dpp_0019.jpg

Enoki Beef Maki RM18. The small bunch of Enoki mushroom is wrapped in a slice of beef and pan fried with a flavourful sauce.

dpp_0040.jpg

Sanma Shioyaki Set RM25. The grilled fish seasoned with salt is served in a set with white rice, Miso soup, salad and steamed egg.

dpp_0060.jpg

dpp_0047.jpg

Eringi Butter Abalone RM12 is butter fry abalone mushroom. The stem is cut into thick pieces, fried with all the gravy infused in it. It has almost the similar texture to the abalone…it tasted great! Highly recommended to try this dish too.

dpp_0045.jpg

dpp_0043.jpg

This green tea ice cream is on the house for all diners on that day.

dpp_0056.jpg

Refillable hot or cold green tea @RM1 per person. Food at this restaurant are competitively priced and the service was very attentive although it was just the second day of their opening.

Azuma Japanese Restaurant
No. 100-2F87
Queensbay Mall
Persiaran Bayan Indah
11900 Bayan Lepas
Penang

Tel : 04 6413118

Business Hours : 11am – 10.30pm

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

This entry was posted on Monday, December 29th, 2008 at 12:12 pm and is filed under Bayan Lepas, International, Japanese Cuisine, Penang Restaurant. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

hmm must have been quite a while that I’ve walked around QB….didn’t even realise there’s a new restaurant in town!! The food looks pretty good!!

buzzingbee´s last blog post..Greetings to All

December 29th, 2008 at 2:58 pm

I haven’t been to Queensbay for ages lol.

Jian´s last blog post..Penang Nyonya Breeze

December 29th, 2008 at 3:16 pm

wow….. the foods look great. Will surely give it a try one day. lol

FoOd PaRaDiSe´s last blog post..Kampachi Japanese Restaurant

December 29th, 2008 at 3:30 pm

Buzzingbee & Jian – It just opened three days ago. I saw it while on the way to Borders, brightly decorated with lots of balloons…you won’t miss it.

Food Paradise – Food is tasty and the portion is quite reasonable. Another food outlet for us to visit.

December 29th, 2008 at 4:31 pm

Many interesting and elegant dishes! Excellent shots too! Using a DSLR now?

lk´s last blog post..Grandma’s pancakes (aka mommy’s pancakes)

December 29th, 2008 at 4:45 pm

Wow… another Japanese restaurant!!! Hee hee hee… I think my friends will go ga-ga’s.In Europe, Japanese food is considered exotic cuisine thus very expensive! Now, I can make them gawking! Thank you for infos.

pixen´s last blog post..Curry Chicken in Kaffir Lime Leaves

December 29th, 2008 at 8:53 pm

Wow, Japanese restaurants seem to b sprouting in Penang :)

Good photography from you. Good job and thanks for the review. Happy Holidays to you!

Elin´s last blog post..Daddy’s Special Pot Roast

December 29th, 2008 at 9:38 pm

New reataurant? *Wink wink* Just got to know. :)

little inbox´s last blog post..Crispy Little Fish

December 30th, 2008 at 8:08 am

lk – Restaurants nowadays do come out with food with different & nice presentation.
I am still practicing using it.

Pixen – Do share this info with your sister so that she can go and try it out. Anyway, I have visited Kozen too.

Elin – Thanks for dropping by…happy holidays to you too.

Little Inbox – Another place to makan besides shopping.

December 30th, 2008 at 10:36 am

Oooh I simply adore the seared salmon sushi dish! I tried the best version in Japan but have not found anything that came close to it here… maybe this is the answer!!

550ml jar of faith´s last blog post..Tasty vegetarian Thai, old Georgetown

December 30th, 2008 at 1:39 pm

Wah.. I personally very like Sushi! Btw, is there any outlet in KL? Seems that Penang has a lot of good food huh.. I have been saw a lot of penang food blogger..hehe :)

Malaysia Food Blog´s last blog post..Jack’s Place Restaurant @ One-Utama

December 30th, 2008 at 2:21 pm

good ah have new thing can try :) look like tat greentea not bad .

fly´s last blog post..????? — ????????

December 30th, 2008 at 2:34 pm

The food looks very delicious and I wanna try it. ^^

dolphing´s last blog post..?????? – Durian Butter Cake

December 30th, 2008 at 7:13 pm

Wishing CK and all her readers a Happy and Prosperous New Year 2009!

Singapore Short Stories´s last blog post..Singapore 2010-CAN

December 30th, 2008 at 8:36 pm

550ml jar of faith – Do try this. I have not try those in Japan though.

Malaysia Food Blog – I am not too sure about that…it was not stated in the menu.

Fly & Dolphing – Its always good to have another new outlet…more choices.

Singapore Short Stories – Thanks for the warm wishes. My same wishes to you too.

December 31st, 2008 at 2:07 pm

Nice! A new Jap restaurant for me to try when I go back to Penang this CNY :) I am hooked to Jap food at the moment hehe

January 2nd, 2009 at 11:22 am

oh my god oh my god… another japanese restaurant. i want to go try it out for sure. long time never go to qb. must find some time to go and visit this restaurant. thanks for letting me know. :)

allenooi´s last blog post..Pepper Lunch @ Singapore IMM Shopping Centre

January 6th, 2009 at 1:34 pm
IVAN

but i had a different experience. i was there on new year eve and i waited 1 hour for my food even tho i keep asking for it 5 times during that period… and also being charged for food that we didnt ordered… and also they wanna use their brain to re-count the bill instead of the calculator just infront of the cashier and count wrongly for us… bad experience for me… but the food is indeed very nice… :)

January 7th, 2009 at 4:32 pm

Vkeong – Hope get the chance to meet up with you this CNY.

Allen Ooi – You are most welcome.

Ivan – Glad you like the food. During festive season, services at food outlets can be slow and things can get mixed-up at times.

January 7th, 2009 at 8:56 pm
kiki

wa… i agree that this restaurant got a lot of delicious food n the service very excellent..

January 10th, 2009 at 4:23 pm
xiao po

err..
so nice..
so yummy yummy..
especially akagai sashimi & toro sashimi..
so fresh & so sweet..
i love azuma zushi pizza..
i love una cheese maki..
wa~~~
so yummy^^
u not yet try?????
so…
u must come 2 try..
muahahaha~~

January 11th, 2009 at 12:10 pm

Kiki & Xiao Po – Nice seeing all of you dropping by my blog. Will sure have to visit this restaurant again to try out the rest of the yummy food :)

January 11th, 2009 at 8:41 pm
Chris

try their Kobe Beef and Pizza… really good

February 19th, 2009 at 7:27 pm

Chris – Its very interesting to hear your recommendation of their pizza. I like to give it a try too.

February 19th, 2009 at 10:44 pm
peggy

i try b4 the teriyaki chicken set very delicious and the service very excellent…good good good…gampateh…

March 17th, 2009 at 4:22 pm
CY

Seared salmon sushi looks delucious :D And the beef enoki sure looks the part as well ;) Been passing thru few times but did not know the quality of food. Another place to savour delicious japanese cuisine when in QB, yeah. Heheheheheheheh

April 14th, 2009 at 1:27 am

peggy – Another teriyayki chicken to add to the makan list…thanks!

CY – Try it out and share your review with me too.

April 14th, 2009 at 11:08 pm
Stella

Mm.. Delicious ! Having lunch with my hubby
last sunday! The service very excellent, staff always smile… Maybe Sunday so almost full,
next time must book for window seat !

April 23rd, 2009 at 11:04 am
SUN2207

any promotion item for fathers day..thanks

June 20th, 2009 at 10:54 pm

Stella – Thanks for sharing your outing with me.

SUN2207 – There are a few and I have forwarded them to you…do check your email.

ck lam´s last blog post..Food Trail in Muar, Johor

June 21st, 2009 at 12:35 am
PEGGY

This few day i had been to azuma, all the staff were change…The service was drop.
Too slow service as well. All the staff no smile like before. Luckly the food still maintain.
Hopefully this restaurant will change back the service like before.

September 5th, 2009 at 12:08 am
STELLA

YA… I ALSO GO TO AZUMA AT 29 AUG 09 WITH MY HUBBY. THAT TIME AZUMA INSIDE WAS EMPTY BUT NO PPL TO CLEAR AND CLEAN ALL THE PLATE. IT WAS LOOK SO DIRTY.AFTER THAT NO HOSTEL TO ASKING US HOW MANY PERSON TO SERVE US TO SIT.
THEN AFTER THAT WE GO TO OTHER RESTAURANT.SO DISAPOINTED !!!

September 5th, 2009 at 12:15 am
Poppy

I was in azuma on 17th oct 09. It was so busy..
Food is excellent..service is attendtive. More new faces. A whole new exprience!! TWO THUMB UPP

October 18th, 2009 at 3:53 pm
nurul

I was at azuma last night great food and service we love it

October 21st, 2009 at 2:26 pm
Tan

Must try azumas salmon belly no where else can fine taste like this very good so juicey prices are very afordable

October 21st, 2009 at 2:32 pm

I went to the restaurant just yesterday and was rather disappointed with the quality of the food. I don’t think the meal is worth the money. With the price that we have to pay, I know of other Japanese restaurants serving way better quality food. I was most disappointed, and my tummy was definitely cranky after that meal! Oh well, guess I’ll be that one customer who won’t go back for more.

April 5th, 2010 at 8:20 am
Cheng

I like the fried rice most and the unagi sushi…
it’s great…
and the green ice-cream, very nice.
but they not serving the green ice-cream for several time i been then. :(

October 25th, 2010 at 5:12 pm

This restaurant name it’s a bit funny. Azuma in korea means aunty

October 12th, 2011 at 9:40 pm

This restaurant name it’s a bit funny. Azuma in korea means aunty

October 12th, 2011 at 9:40 pm
harvard

Azuma Queensbay have terrible service, especially the Chinese female captain & Cashier (trainee). When I pay her in counter, she is SO RUDE by giving ” ??“ ?

Food is “so so”. Sakae sushi is much bettehr. (Not a sakae fans though)

TERRIBLE SERVICE !! RUDE behaviour !

September 15th, 2012 at 10:12 pm

1. Azuma Japanese Restaurant Preview | Waco and his food    Jan 19 2009 / 10am:

[...] by CK Lam’s post, we visited Azuma Japanese Restaurant which is next to Harvey Norman in Queensbay [...]

2. » Penang Japanese Restaurant List Penang Deli    Sep 13 2009 / 11am:

[...] Address: azumaqueensbay@yahoo.com Business Hours: 11.30am – 10.30pm daily Related Links: http://www.what2seeonline.com/2008/12/azuma-japanese-restaurant-queensbay-mall-penang/ [...]

3. » Penang Japanese Restaurant List Penang Deli    Sep 18 2009 / 9pm:
  4. Edo Ichi Japanese Cuisine @ Island Plaza, Penang | Lingzie's Tummy Treats    Feb 07 2011 / 10pm:

[...] went ahead to try the new place and discovered that Edo Ichi is operated by the same owners behind Azuma at Queensbay Mall. Edo Ichi fast became dad’s favourites and I only recently got the chance to dine there to [...]