We found ourselves relaxing and indulging in the Afternoon Tea at the elegant Rasa Wing Lounge in Rasa Sayang Resort and Spa, situated in the tourist belt of Batu Feringhi. Our previous visit to this beautiful resort was for the buffer dinner at the Spice Market Cafe, but this time we opted for a relaxing afternoon in the lounge. The lounge was decorated with timber wood panelings and wide ceiling drop down glass with a view overlooking the beautiful landscaped garden.

img_7132.jpg

Once you step into the majestic lounge, you will come across jars filled with tit-bits beautifully displayed on the table. You can have a nibble on the pistachios, peanuts, cashew nuts and the cookies.

img_7142.jpg

img_7086.jpg

The Rasa Wing Lounge has a nice and peaceful ambiance with comfortable sofas and chairs. You can browse through the selection of reading materials such as magazines, novels and newspaper while sitting here sipping your afternoon tea.

img_7078.jpg

Interior of the Rasa Wing Lounge

p1150014.jpg

The Afternoon Tea comes with hot and cold beverages, sweets and savories. The food was beautifully presented in a lovely three tiered tray. The first of it consists of many varieties of assorted cakes, the second tray were the scones with accompaniment of fresh whipped cream and cut fresh strawberries, and the lowest tray was the savory.

p1150001.jpg

img_7019.jpg

As for the beverages, it comes with a wide selection of tea, coffee, freshly squeezed fruit juices and soft drinks. For the tea, I chose to have the Classic English Tea out of the many varieties. The tea was freshly brewed from tea leaves and served in the elegant Rosenthal Monbijou tea set. Not many places provide tea leaves and this is my personal winning point of this high tea. A sieve was provided to separate the tea leaves, and the tea was indeed strong and full of taste.

img_7100.jpg

img_7134.jpg

Scones with fresh strawberries and whipped cream were simply delicious. For those who prefer to fill their scones with jam, there many individual bottles of flavored jam to choose from.

p1150007.jpg

img_7079.jpg

Scones with fresh strawberry slices and cream

img_7046.jpg

Flavours of apricot, blackberry, strawberry and marmalade jam

The savory simply spoke for itself. It was just plain delightful tucking into these mini tea time savories, including the Madras Mango Chicken, Vegetable Antipasto with Aioli and the Tuna Nicoise Salad. All ingredients used were very fresh, and in my opinion, the Madras Mango Chicken really stood out.

img_7112.jpg

img_7026.jpg

For the plate of snacks sweeter than words can say, we were served the Pistachio Marbled Cheese Cake, Almond Cake and the Chocolate Truffle. My particular favourite was the Cheese Cake, very delicious cheese cake while not too overpowering.

While my son had the fresh orange juice, hubby opted for the freshly brewed cup of Cappuccino.

img_7109.jpg

img_7108.jpg

Hubby’s cup of Cappuccino

The hospitality and service was excellent and definitely a great place to pop by for the tea treat. The Afternoon Tea goes for RM55++ per person and I personally think its worth given the quality and classy ambiance.

img_7118.jpg

View from the lounge looking out to the garden

img_7152.jpg

Rasa Sayang Resort & Spa
11100 Batu Ferringhi
Penang

Tel : 04 888 8888

Session starts from 3pm – 5pm daily

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

This entry was posted on Sunday, March 15th, 2009 at 12:53 pm and is filed under Afternoon Tea, Dessert, Drinks, Hotels, Penang, Shangri-La's Rasa Sayang Resort & Spa, Tanjung Bungah, Tidbits and Snacks. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

wow…. what a nice place for high tea……

FoOd PaRaDiSe´s last blog post..Kafe Bali Bali @ Sungai Dua, Penang

March 15th, 2009 at 4:07 pm

must show my angmo friend this place. ci liau…ci liau, watching tht clotted cream n imagine it melting on my tongue…..
ppl, don come to this blog… u can get hert attack.. :-)

iMyFish´s last blog post..A Fishy tale

March 15th, 2009 at 4:53 pm

this is life…very relax

foodbin´s last blog post..200th BLOG POST.

March 15th, 2009 at 8:48 pm

premium price indeed, for a taste of indulgence. :)

J2Kfm´s last blog post..Day 4 (Back to Hanoi) – Triple Breakfast for the Hungry Souls?

March 15th, 2009 at 8:55 pm

Food Paradise – Go and try it out with your hubby.

iMyFish – The place is full of Europeans…I am sure your friends will like it.

Foodbin – I hope there are more of this kind of relaxing afternoon.

J2Kfm – Once in a while kind of indulgence, and it was great. Not sure when will be the next one…

March 15th, 2009 at 10:46 pm

This is the kind of scone I luv to eat. Lately we were so crazy about scones. Wow! RM55++ per person!

lk´s last blog post..Homemade pizza

March 16th, 2009 at 1:42 am

Wow!!! Really know how to enjoy at this point in time leh!! :)

New Kid On The Blog´s last blog post..Citrus Wine & Dine

March 16th, 2009 at 7:44 am

Wow, 55+! Definitely a high price to pay for tea. :) One day you should try the E&O high tea too! I think it should cost about the same but it has a larger variety and it’s a buffet. :)

iamthewitch´s last blog post..Bravo Italiana still a long way to go

March 16th, 2009 at 10:50 am

lk – Did not know that you like scones…ever thought of baking some?

New Kid On The Blog – We saw the spread and happily went for it. The ambiance, quality and atmosphere is entirely different from other places.

Iamthewitch – Thanks for recommending…will like to try those from E&O too.

March 16th, 2009 at 11:41 am

How delightful! I always thought E&O was the only place for a proper afternoon English tea in Penang… can always trust Rasa Sayang to up their game!

550ml jar of faith´s last blog post..A sizzling, sozzled soiree

March 16th, 2009 at 12:00 pm

i love afternoon tea!!! the price is definately worth it. lets all have a tea session there.

duckie´s last blog post..Schokolart, SohoKL @ Solaris Mont Kiara

March 16th, 2009 at 1:51 pm

how good to have a coffee on the hand and sitting down to relax and enjoy the coffee…..

u a… make us.. who is working now… soooooooooo kek sim

PenangTuaPui´s last blog post..Penang Food | Restoran Hock Chuan Heong Oyster Noodles

March 16th, 2009 at 2:19 pm

Oh my God. This is gorgeous, the food and your photographs are awesome!

Alice´s last blog post..Tomato Rice

March 16th, 2009 at 2:32 pm

550ml jar of faith – So far, we can see that Rasa Sayang does live up to its standard…and that’s good for Penang.

Duckie – Can always give it a try…

PenangTuaPui – You can do that too…just whether you want to do it or not.

Alice – Thanks for your compliment.

March 16th, 2009 at 3:58 pm

Wow! Scones! I love them~ !!! Hey, the last photo very ‘yan oi’ loh. :)

cariso´s last blog post..Tropical Spice Garden ‘Mosquito’ Lunch

March 16th, 2009 at 7:08 pm

this is pure coincidental, just came back fr a weekend stay at Woburn with family, and visit the resident of the afternoon tea ‘inventor’ of, the Duchess of Bedford. Cool huh.
will upload some photos soon

iMyFish´s last blog post..A Fishy tale

March 16th, 2009 at 9:09 pm

very lovely photos ck!! the ambience really nice… i just had afternoon tea also! but at annabelle’s place. hehe.
hope to try this one soon! :)

lingzie´s last blog post..Woodlands Vegetarian Restaurant @ Penang Street

March 16th, 2009 at 10:17 pm

I like the tea sets and the scone…….

Addiction to coffee comes when I look at the cup of cappuccino ! I will go make another cup of coffee again if it is not during this late hour.

March 16th, 2009 at 10:44 pm

Hahaha! U can read my mind! Recently I have baked some raisin scones. Although not as nice as what is served at the Rasa Wing Lounge, we LUV it very much. It is very simple and easy to make scones as compared to other cakes and pastries. Do u want to try baking some too?

lk´s last blog post..Homemade pizza

March 16th, 2009 at 11:55 pm

Cariso – Did not know that you love scones too. Anyway, thanks for the comment on the photo about me & hubby.

iMyFish – Will sure to hop over to your place for the photos.

Lingzie – I am still a freshie when it comes to photography…hope to improve along the way. I will visit annabelle’s place one day.

Bakeling – I too feel like having a cuppa cos I am a coffee addict too.

lk – It would be nice to try making some myself.

March 17th, 2009 at 12:31 am
sonny

I like to congratulate you on your blogs on Malaysian food esp. in Penang. Keep it up ! I am someone abroad who miss all the fine food you manage to tantalise us.
Just hope to be back soon to try all these various recommended haunts !
Your photos are too realistic !
Dont drop in here on an empty stomach ! could cause ciaos ! :)

March 17th, 2009 at 7:18 am

I need to be very very relax, no thinking of any in order for me to indulge with such luxury. but worth every second of it!

Big Boys Oven´s last blog post..

March 17th, 2009 at 9:16 am
One Big Mouth

Felt really relax just reading your review. Reminiscenes of the famous English Afternoon Tea in the gardens of the Sri Carcosa.
As a tea person, whole leaf tea is way way better than tea dust … truly A+.

March 17th, 2009 at 9:46 am
Damien

Thanks for the recommendation! I also enjoy having high teas at E&O :) Their pastries and sandwiches are very good.

Best if can get a table next to the window to enjoy the view of the sea.

March 17th, 2009 at 10:58 am

So enjoyable and relaxing, hmm…syiok!

Little Inbox´s last blog post..Goh Huat Seng Restaurant

March 17th, 2009 at 11:15 am

Sonny – Thank you very much for your compliment. Will try to upkeep my blog and bring more food outlets to share with you. Do let me know when you are back in Pg.

Big Boys Oven – You will automatically relax with such nice ambiance and surroundings…that’s for sure.

One Big Mouth – Totally agree with you…the winning point to a good afternoon tea is the tea brewed with tea leaves rather than tea bags.

Damien – I have plans to visit E & O too. Hope it is just as good.

Little Inbox – It was indeed an enjoyable afternoon…I got what I paid for :)

March 17th, 2009 at 2:14 pm

seems like a romantic afternoon yeah ;) ?

thenomadGourmand´s last blog post..Milk for Nourishment…

March 17th, 2009 at 10:53 pm

Great photography and the coffee and cakes look so tempting.

Becklee´s last blog post..Ah Loot’s birthday dinner at Ketam Village Steamboat

March 18th, 2009 at 5:32 pm

ThenomadGourmand – Have to take some time out to relax and this was indeed a great afternoon :)

Becklee – Thanks for dropping by my food blog. Do check in again for more updates on other food outlets.

March 18th, 2009 at 7:40 pm

wuahhhh really enjoying life.
look at the coofee and desserts also saliva coming out already!! :P

buzzingbee´s last blog post..Dim Sum High-Tea

March 22nd, 2009 at 11:54 am
Bris77

OMG.. i m drooling over those pictures!! I gotta start saving now to enjoy my bday at this place next year ;)

April 5th, 2009 at 6:54 pm
HFC

isn’t the rasa wing lounge for in-house guest only? any advice/ tips on how to have afternoon tea there?

May 25th, 2009 at 1:44 pm

We simply love a good cup of hot tea or a nice glass of iced tea. It soothes away the stresses of the day or centers a quiet conversation. Tea is great.

September 14th, 2011 at 8:43 am

1. Promotion @ Spice Market Cafe, Rasa Sayang Resort & Spa | What2See : Best of Penang Food!    Aug 05 2009 / 3pm:

[...] Cafe, Rasa Sayang Resort & Spa also offers some of the best afternoon tea. Do check out the Afternoon Tea which I truly enjoyed during my visit to their Rasa Wing Lounge. For further dining information, do [...]

2. Buffet Promotion at Spice Market Cafe, Rasa Sayang Resort & Spa | What2See : Best of Penang Food!    Oct 25 2009 / 7pm:

[...] Afternoon Tea @Rasa Wing Lounge in Rasa Sayang Resort and Spa [...]

3. Scones High Tea @ The Spice Market Cafe in Rasa Sayang Resort and Spa | What2See : Best of Penang Food!    Dec 11 2012 / 8pm:

[...] Spa in Batu Ferringhi, Penang is a real indulgence. I remember my first noteworthy exposure with Rasa Sayang’s afternoon tea at the Rasa Wing Lounge. It came with a 3-tier plate rack, with cakes, scones accompanied with [...]