Theobroma is the place where all things are chocolate. They have a numerous varieties of chocolate based beverages and food, together with an impressive spread of designs chocolate. The chocolates are bought in from Belgium and the tagline of the place is, “you can taste the difference”. It is located in one of the walkway of 1 Utama shopping complex.

This is where our family chose to indulge on our last holiday trip after reading Ken’s review. Orders must be made and paid at the counter and the delivering of the food will be done shortly. There were plenty on the menu, and we randomly chose these few items.

img_2430.jpg

Tiramisu Slice RM8.90

img_2431.jpg

Black & White Chocolate Cheese RM8.90. I was smitten by this cheese cake

img_2445.jpg

Chocolate Souffle de Paris RM14.90 with melting mud chocolate

Another dish that we had was the Mushroom & Chicken Ham Quiche (RM9.90). It was nice to have some food elements to go with the various selections of chocolate desserts & drinks. The taste of the quiche was just average.

img_2439.jpg

Warm and cold chocolate drinks …. Hot Belgian Chocolate is a rich and creamy hot chocolate drink on a mug. If you prefer to have the mug sitting on a warmer, it will cost RM12.90 which I think is very practical as chocolate drink won’t taste as good when it gets cold. The feeling of the warm chocolate drink is indeed a great relief. The drink came topped with chocolate shavings and all of us just love the taste.

img_2480.jpg

The warmness of the drink really warms the heart

img_2487.jpg

We also had the chocolate drink in a cup, just to try the difference

For the cold drinks, there is the Snow White Frap @RM12.90 and the Princess of Iceland @RM10.90. Both drinks were decorated with swirls of rich Belgian chocolate on the sides of the glass with a scoop of ice cream and plenty of chocolate shavings.

img_2466.jpg

These two drinks were indeed a sweet savory!

This Wi-Fi enable outlet have plenty of suitable gifts that comes in specialty boxes, goody bags and those lovely hand tied with colourful ribbon. For fruit and nut lovers, they also have different types of chocolate slabs with fruits and nuts enrobed in it. I bought a few pieces of chocolate,  costing RM4.90 each.

img_2518.jpg

img_2497.jpg

img_2500.jpg

img_2509.jpg

img_2504.jpg

img_2505.jpg

This was indeed a satisfying treat for us and we did taste the difference at Theobroma’s…

Chocolate Lounge
Lot FK3, First Floor Highstreet
1 Utama Shopping Center
Petaling Jaya

Tel : 03 77250623

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

This entry was posted on Wednesday, March 4th, 2009 at 9:39 pm and is filed under Dessert, Drinks, KL / PJ, Restaurant, Western Cuisine. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

u really wan to drive me crazy.. just looking at those choc will drive me crazy…..

PenangTuaPui´s last blog post..Cheras Economy Rice

March 4th, 2009 at 10:56 pm

hhmmm…so heavenly chocs… i tot they were from penang till i read the bottom msg..

claire´s last blog post..Shooting Club Foodie

March 4th, 2009 at 11:56 pm

Looks like they do sweet better than savoury huh? I have to go try the Princess of Iceland…so tempting!

Bangsar-bAbE´s last blog post..Four Seasons Restaurant, Bayswater

March 5th, 2009 at 12:47 am

such a satisfying chocolat yet not enough!

bigboysoven´s last blog post..

March 5th, 2009 at 1:28 am

aiyo….. another temptation. CK, you should help me to “take away” some chocolate for me. lol cham liao….. should make an effort to KL food hunt liao. :D

FoOd PaRaDiSe´s last blog post..Sabah Food Hunt Part 7 @ Lintas, Kota Kinabalu

March 5th, 2009 at 8:01 am

Looking at the chocolates, how can resist ? Drooling now, oh no!

Little Inbox´s last blog post..Dinner @ Four Seasons Tea Restaurant

March 5th, 2009 at 8:53 am

PenangTuaPui – I thought girls like chocolates…mana tahu tuapui also like it.

claire – I too wish it was in Penang.

bigboysoven – Chocolates are very addictive, never enough…haha

FoOd PaRaDiSe – Didn’t know you like chocolates…will tah pau some for you next time.

Little Inbox – Happens to me too…how I wish there is an outlet in Pg.

March 5th, 2009 at 9:37 am

omg i am so going there this weekend!!!!

duckie´s last blog post..Gurney Drive Hawker Centre

March 5th, 2009 at 9:56 am

Hi CK,
I was blown away by your photography skill on that Black & White Chocolate Cheese . Not only were you smitten, I was smitten too by just drooling. Told my gal that I must have that the next time I am there :)))

Elin´s last blog post..Baguette With "Left-Overs Goodness" Topping

March 5th, 2009 at 10:24 am

Yr photography is getting better and better! xP

James Wong´s last blog post..welcome to jameswong.wordpress.com

March 5th, 2009 at 11:23 am

Wow… everything looks so good! Definitely can’t resist the chocolates!

Selba´s last blog post..Soto Roxy H. Darwasa

March 5th, 2009 at 11:47 am

There goes my diet down the drain …. lol …. Cannot resist whenever I pass by theObroma … sure get a take away white choc ice blended :P

email2me´s last blog post..Cupcakes and Red Velvet Cake by A Taste Boutique Cakes & Bistro

March 5th, 2009 at 11:59 am

i’d go for the drinks again and again … but not the desserts/food.

J2Kfm´s last blog post..HANOI – The 1st Day

March 5th, 2009 at 12:29 pm

ok die die must go liao! lol
can hear the chocolates calling out my name d!

lingzie´s last blog post..Dim Sum Food Restaurant at Macalister Road Gets Thumbs Up!

March 5th, 2009 at 12:41 pm

So near yet I have not been there guess there is always another day. Looks good for a long dessert outing after eating at one of the numerous restaurants in IU.

Chin´s last blog post..WorldWindows in CNN Latest Travel Article – From the Blogs Section

March 5th, 2009 at 1:19 pm

Duckie – Since you are going to KL you must visit this place and try out the drinks.

Elin – All of us did not get enough of the Black & White Chocolate Cheese…must try.

James Wong – Hope to improve along the way.

Selba – Looks like Selba loves chocolate too.

Email2me – Its lucky you get to hop in to theObroma anytime but I have to travel 400km to do so…haha

J2Kfm – Although all of them are chocolate drinks, but each has its individual taste and flavour. I too will go for it when I am down there.

Lingzie – Being a chocolate lover yourself, I am pretty sure you will visit this place sooooon.

Chin – Do share your review after your visit.

March 5th, 2009 at 1:51 pm

hmm i wonder how it fares compared to Schokolart.. is it only chocolates/desserts sold here? Or do they have real food too?

vkeong´s last blog post..Lou Wong Bean Sprouts Chicken (Nga Choi Gai) @ Ipoh

March 5th, 2009 at 3:09 pm

iamthewitch´s last blog post..My near death experience

March 5th, 2009 at 4:47 pm

I always pass by this place but saw that it’s rather empty. But now that you’ve given this review, I’d very much love to try the glorious chocolate drink. Do you notice the one with warmer was larger than the one without? How much was the price difference?? And OMG, RM4.90 for ONE PIECE of chocolate is really costly!

iamthewitch´s last blog post..My near death experience

March 5th, 2009 at 4:48 pm

Hehe, you can surely count me a fan! Though I mostly go to their branch @ Pavilion instead since that is nearer.

I wrote my version here but I love yours… more pictures of the wonderful chocs! :)

Life for Beginners´s last blog post..All Through the Night

March 5th, 2009 at 5:45 pm

Bangsar-bAbE – They are definitely better with the sweets…do try the black & white chocolate cheese cake too.

Vkeong – I was there for teatime and I did not pay much attention to the other food items.
Can’t really compare it with Schokolart as I have not visited it yet…hopefully get to do so on another trip.

Iamthewitch – There’s a difference of RM3 between the both.

Life for Beginners – I like your version as well. A bit mysterious at the start of the post and also the style of displaying the photos.

March 5th, 2009 at 9:03 pm

i tried the chocolate drink before, the chocolate drink is too thick for me.

March 5th, 2009 at 9:52 pm

Tiramisu, Chocolate Souffle, Hot Belgian Chocolate, I want those!!! CK, you are torturing me with those chocolate desserts… OMG! Need to fly to KL d…

allie´s last blog post..Penang Hawker Food | Top Taste Hokkien Mee

March 5th, 2009 at 10:29 pm

Irresistible !!!

Mabel´s last blog post..I really really HEART papercraft

March 6th, 2009 at 12:40 am

choc is too comfort for me but i may try the black and white choc cheese

foodbin´s last blog post..CHICKEN CHOP

March 6th, 2009 at 1:47 pm

CONGRATULATIONS on being featured in The Edge …

Yummmm, great CHOCcie photos too!!

Julian Si´s last blog post..Lembeh Strait, Manado – Sulawesi … Here I come!

March 6th, 2009 at 2:22 pm

What a great indulgence! I am sure my hubby will enjoy the hot chocolate drink as much as your hubby. Hehehe!

lk´s last blog post..Scrambled eggs w/ tomatoes (?????????)

March 6th, 2009 at 2:37 pm

Shell – In that case, try out the cakes.

Allie – Mark this place to visit on your next trip.

Mabel – Not many people can say ‘no’ to those inviting creamy chocolates, right?

Foodbin – That’s a good idea…go for the cake.

Julian Si – Thanks for the wishes… hop in again after your holiday.

lk – When they like the drink, they are more than happy to foot the bill…haha

March 6th, 2009 at 3:06 pm

Oooo, very expensive nibbles! Did you walk out from the place intoxicated from all that chocolate? I definitely would have!

550ml jar of faith´s last blog post..Working class heroes at Sid’s Pub, TTDI

March 6th, 2009 at 6:23 pm

i heard their hot chocolate is kinda interesting. well, i do pass by this place quite often but have not really visited. hmmm, maybe a cuppa hot chocolate before a K session at Neway upstairs is a good idea! ;)

March 7th, 2009 at 11:50 am

hi .. nice pictures .. I like them ?)

I put up some information about Penang Travel Blog in my blog . Please visit and have some comments .. Hopefully I will visit Penang soon :)

cheers …

Penang explorer´s last blog post..Georgetown Heritage Walk

March 7th, 2009 at 5:56 pm

The black and white cheesecake is beautiful.

I like that they heat up the hot chocolate over a candle.

Nate´s last blog post..Sensational Sushi at Sakae Sushi (Burlingame), Part 2

March 8th, 2009 at 2:22 am

wow..the cakes look absolutely cute and delicious.

March 8th, 2009 at 5:02 pm

550ml jar of faith – I really did…waiting for the opportunity to visit KL again.

Nic (KHKL) – Hot chocolate drink is very soothing, should be good before the K session.

Penang explorer – Thanks for visiting…will drop by your blog.

Nate – Its best to have the chocolate drink hot.

Food Promotions – These are just a few of their items…there are plenty more in the menu for more revisit.

March 9th, 2009 at 11:21 am

a place for chocolicious meal!
always wanted to drop by for desserts.

have yet to try ar

ai wei´s last blog post..Hong Kong Miu Kai @ Seri Petaling

June 29th, 2009 at 11:31 am

One Trackback/Ping

1. Chocolateria San Churro Fremantle, Perth - The Place To Sweeten Thy Soul | What2See : Best of Penang Food!    Sep 10 2010 / 1am:

[...] There are so many beverages to choose from. My preference was the White Hot Chocolate drink which comes with two pieces of marshmallows. The extra rich drink is pure couverture chocolate melted through milk. It was tasty, apparently on the sweeter side. It would be great if there have a way to keep the drink in a warmer, similar to those served in Theobroma Chocolate Lounge. [...]