It was to my delight and honor that I was invited to the new menu launching event at 7atenine, the trendiest dining outlet located in Ascott Hotel, Kuala Lumpur. I personally feel that the ambiance and atmosphere creates a savvy and suave dining, with a trendy new outlooks coupled with the beautifully designed cuisines to meet everyone’s taste buds.

789-launching-005.jpg

The event was graced by the presence of renowned celebrity Chef Emmanuel Stroobant. He has his own program, Chef In Black which is broadcasted on the Asian Food Channel (AFC).

789-launching-014.jpg
Chef In Black – Emmanuel Stroobant

We were treated to a cooking demonstration by Chef Emmanuel. It was indeed a joy to participate in his cooking demonstration as he injects a great sense of humor, keeping the crowd abuzz and lively.

ck2.jpg

Laksa Croquette – Photo courtesy of
Foodpoi

789-launching-042.jpg
Escargots Bourguignons

789-launching-049.jpg
Chocolate cake

Plenty of Martinis to go around and I had their signature Lychee Martini with vodka, lychee liqueur, fresh lime and fresh lychee.

citrus martini 789 Launching 117

7atenine was honored with the accolade of ‘Best Chill Out Bar of the Year for 2007-2008 and the ‘Top Ten Hot Concept of the Year 2007-2008’ at the prestigious Hospitality Asia Platinum Awards (HAPA).

789 Launching 073 ck and alice 2
Together with owner Michele Kwok and Alice during the event.

I had a picture taken with the Chef In Black himself too, together with a message written by him.

789-part-2-011.jpg

ck1.jpg

Big thanks to Big Boys Oven for extending the invite to me for this event. Look forward to a few more post from Kuala Lumpur as I continue blogging about my foodie journey through the capital of Malaysia.

7atenine
Ascott Kuala Lumpur
No. 9, Jalan Pinang,
50450 Kuala Lumpur

Tel No : 03 21617789

Operation Hours : 4.30pm till closing (Monday – Friday)
6pm till closing (Saturday)

Url : www.sevenatenine.com

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

This entry was posted on Tuesday, April 21st, 2009 at 11:55 pm and is filed under Chef, Drinks, Invited Review, KL / PJ, Pub, Restaurant. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

Wow, so posh! BTW what is in the name “7atenine”?

YuNiq´s last blog post..Mysore Gold Coffee

April 22nd, 2009 at 1:14 am

Oh, this is the one that Sydney mentioned to me… wow… indeed an honor!! :)

New Kid On The Blog´s last blog post..See Kung Ooi ???

April 22nd, 2009 at 7:44 am

Haha…you caught me in the background of one of your photos…I’m behind the server with my eyes closed :-D It was a great event!

April 22nd, 2009 at 8:13 am

oh I watch the Chef in Black programme. Wow…. the foods look nice + delicious and it must be fun ah…….

FoOd PaRaDiSe´s last blog post..Invited Review – Haven Delights @ Penang Times Square

April 22nd, 2009 at 8:33 am

the food looks awesome, and you look gorgeous CK….nice photo with chef in black!

SimpleGirl´s last blog post..Rak Thai@The Gardens

April 22nd, 2009 at 8:59 am

The chef looks young! Did you manage to taste what he cooked? How was it?? :)

iamthewitch´s last blog post..Good Friend Seafood and Satay

April 22nd, 2009 at 9:00 am

surprisingly, the chef in person looks not too tall eh? :)

you’re very lucky to be invited, all the way from Penang some more.

J2Kfm´s last blog post..Halong Bay – Kayakking in the Morning & The Infamous Snake Wine !!!

April 22nd, 2009 at 9:07 am

I just admire how beautiful all the ladies on this posts, kudos!

Big Boys Oven´s last blog post..Godiva Chocolatier Pavilion | Superb Gateux Kuala Lumpur !

April 22nd, 2009 at 10:11 am

a lot of original style incorporated into fresh and simple ingredients.

foodbin´s last blog post..RESTORAN MAKANAN LAUT YONG TAT- 3rd VISIT.

April 22nd, 2009 at 10:24 am

You also got an autograph from him? Cool! :)

Selba´s last blog post..Chef in Black

April 22nd, 2009 at 10:58 am

New Kid On The Blog – It was indeed an enjoyable experience for me.

Alexandra@Chefspiration – Hope to meet with you in the future.

Food Paradise – The Chef himself is really a great man and friendly.

SimpleGirl – Thank you very much.

iamthewitch – The dishes that we sampled that evening was prepared by him and his kitchen crew…simply delicious.

April 22nd, 2009 at 11:25 am

J2Kfm – My visit down was all thanks to Big Boys Oven for extending the invitation to me. Having a great time here.

Big Boys Oven – All thanks to you for making my visit here possible :)

foodbin – It’s a wonder how the Chef In Black can create dishes with only the simplest ingredients.

Selba – We are both lucky ladies…

April 22nd, 2009 at 11:30 am

HOw does the food taste? *hallucinating… *

allie´s last blog post..Penang Hawker Food | Sg. Dua Rojak, best!

April 22nd, 2009 at 12:24 pm

woah, a live food presentation followed by a taste of it! cool stuff!!!

Nic (KHKL)´s last blog post..Zsofis

April 22nd, 2009 at 1:11 pm

wow great experience!!!

duckie´s last blog post..Hokkien Mee

April 22nd, 2009 at 1:34 pm

wao… can meet with Chef Emmanuel, it’s an honor. I wish I was there too. Well, too bad I was not until your standard yet. Let me brush up for another few years time I will be there also. Or for my easier access, next time bring me there ya :)

StevenGoh.com´s last blog post..Penang Time Square Haven Delights @ Starter, Drinks And Dessert Chapter

April 23rd, 2009 at 1:21 am

sob sob sob i missed this!! very nice photos and
you look really nice with chef in black! :)
last nite how? drunk liao? lol

April 23rd, 2009 at 10:23 am

YuNiq – Its just a play on the numbers 789!

Allie – Food really fantastic, very unique creations!

Nic – Indeed very cool :D

Duckie – It was indeed a great experience for me!

Steven Goh – One day in the future, for sure!

lingzie – Haha last night ah… No la :P

April 23rd, 2009 at 10:51 am

Great to have you here with us to meet Chef in Black :D

The martinis rock!

email2me´s last blog post..Penang Coconut Jelly

April 23rd, 2009 at 2:20 pm

wow, autograph somemore!! Great!!

mimid3vils´s last blog post..New Zealand Natural

April 23rd, 2009 at 4:07 pm

Hey, nice meeting you at Eccucino review recently. My first visit to your blog. Impressive! And you’re so fortunate to be invited to the 7tenine review. Well, looking forward to more reviews together. Btw, I’ve added you to my link.

Timothy Low´s last blog post..Tasty Pot Steamboat Buffet Restaurant

April 23rd, 2009 at 4:59 pm

Guess you must have picked up a lot of cooking tips from Chef Emmanuel Stroobant. How lucky of you! Nice food & pretty women!

April 23rd, 2009 at 5:21 pm

Nice presentation of the foods. Envy, you get to meet Chef in Black. Looking forward for more great review from you. Bravo !!

Food Promotions´s last blog post..Advertorial

April 23rd, 2009 at 6:44 pm

email2me – All of us did have a fabulous time there. I like the lychee martini recommended by Michele. I am waiting to see your review.

mimid3vils – I am very lucky.

Timothy Low – It was my pleasure meeting you too and have added you to my blogroll. Hope to see you again.

lk – Got to see how he uses simple ingredients and making it into a delicious dish.

Food Promotions – There will be a day when you will get to meet him and taste the food too.

April 23rd, 2009 at 6:55 pm

wooohooooo~ Chef In Black!! Best!! =D I miss him la.. He’s such a humble and funny guy!! LOL

April 24th, 2009 at 12:00 pm

wow what an honour!! You are becoming a celebrity too! :)

buzzingbee´s last blog post..US Pizza

April 24th, 2009 at 8:35 pm

andrew – I feel the same way too…we had a great time getting to know him.

buzzingbee – I am very happy to have such an opportunity to meet the Chef In Black :)

April 25th, 2009 at 12:50 am

aiks..that chef in black been reading bout him on a few blogger months back.

looking at the food just making me hungry!~

taufulou´s last blog post..Fatty Crab Restaurant a.k.a Fei Lou Hai @ SS24

April 29th, 2009 at 4:46 pm

taufulou – He has indeed been featured in many blogs.

May 2nd, 2009 at 12:01 am

Wow! You are lucky to get the invitation.

Criz Lai´s last blog post..THE OPENING OF BUKOTSU RAMEN HOUSE AT PENANG TIMES SQUARE

May 3rd, 2009 at 11:58 pm

wow… you look gorgeous CK. You’re lucky to taste his cooking. I haven’t laaaa. I’ll be in SG and have to try out his resto LOL. Thanks for sharing … thumbs up!

pixen´s last blog post..Spicy Chilli-Garlic Prawns