A visit to Tai Zi Heen Chinese Restaurant begins from its grand spiral staircase, right up to its location on level two in Prince Hotel, Kuala Lumpur. This award winning Chinese Restaurant is currently having selections of both traditional Hong Kong Dim Sum, Tai Zi Heen’s signature Dim Sum and the popular Dim Sum Odyssey.

My visit to this restaurant was made possible when Ken and Big Boys Oven invited me to attend the dim sum food tasting last Saturday.

img_8965.jpg
The elegant restaurant overlooking the origami-based designed chandelier

The Chinese Master Chef, Ricky Thein and Dim Sum Chef Loo Sai Wah has always been creative in their preparation of dim sum, incorporating plenty of fusion. Using different ingredients to prepare unique dim sum items, which is both impressive in quality and presentation. We were privileged to be able to taste some of the recent creations; the spread from the new Southeast Asian Dim Sum Menu and also from the Normal Menu.

tai-zi-heen-dim-sum-odyssey-kens-camera-048.jpg

Master Chef Ricky Thein and myself

tai-zi-heen-dim-sum-odyssey-kens-camera-024_0.jpg
Scrumptious spread of Dim Sum

FROM SOUTHEAST ASIAN DIM SUM MENU

dsc_4504_0.jpg

Steamed Singapore Chili Crab Buns

img_8993-1.jpg

Baked Indonesian-Style Beef Rendang Puffs – very nice combination

img_9018-1.jpg

Pan-fried Thai Prawn Cakes – bursting with aroma of herbs

img_8990.jpg

Rice-Crusted Chicken Satays Served With Peanut Sauce
…indeed a new way of serving it

NORMAL MENU

Crispy Yam Puff  – crispy exterior with moist and warm filling

img_8980.jpg

Pan-Fried Radish Cake

img_8986.jpg

Pan-fried Crispy Bean Curd Skin – drenched mine in the tasty chili sauce

SPECIAL ADDITIONS

These two plates of dim sum were given a fusion touch to its usual fare.

img_9007.jpg

img_9017.jpg

DESSERT & SWEETS

The sumptuous dim sum lunch ended with the sweetened red bean cream with plentiful ingredients of lotus seeds and lily bulbs. What a great way to top off the lunch!

tai-zi-heen-dim-sum-odyssey-kens-camera-037_0.jpg

************

Attendees of the group were BigBoysOven, Foodpoi, Food.drewnity and I.

img_9039.jpg

The two BigBoys and myself!

To conclude it all, this pork free dim sum is indeed a great dining experience. I would like to express my thanks to Big Boys Oven and Ken Chan for inviting me, and also a big thank you to Miss Shirley Hoo and Miss Sharon Lim and the management of Prince Hotel & Residence for accommodating me.

The “All-You-Can-Eat-Dim-Sum” is available on Saturdays, Sundays & Public Holidays; from 11.30am till 2.30pm. It would cost RM45++ for adults while children below the age of 12 are charged half the price. Feel free to visit the website of Prince Hotel & Residence for more information.

Tai Zi Heen
Prince Hotel & Residence Kuala Lumpur
Opposite Pavilion Kuala Lumpur
No 4 Jalan Conlay
50450 Kuala Lumpur

Tel : 03 21708888 ext 8200

GPS Coordinates : N3 09.022   E101 42.854

Website : http://www.princehotelkl.com

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

This entry was posted on Tuesday, April 14th, 2009 at 8:25 pm and is filed under Chef, Chinese, Dim Sum, Events, Hotels, Invited Review, KL / PJ, Restaurant. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

wow…. foods look very delicious and the steamed Singapore chili crab bun looks nice.

FoOd PaRaDiSe´s last blog post..Kedai Kopi Soon Yuen @ Jalan Kuala Kangsar, Penang

April 14th, 2009 at 9:06 pm

Sweating when looking back how much we had that day =.=”

That is the most dim sum I had in 1 day in my life.

email2me´s last blog post..Air Itam Bus Station Susu Tarik (Fresh Milk) Stall

April 14th, 2009 at 11:11 pm

nice, will drop by when visit to kl.

StevenGoh.com´s last blog post..Pleasure Penang Food, Mee Goreng & Rebus @ Persiaran Gurney

April 14th, 2009 at 11:25 pm

hahah behave everyone, let me see!

Off all those photos, I notice one thing . . .. .
CK Lam how can you manage to keep such a trim figure while having to indulge all those food! Just amazing! :)

Big Boys Oven´s last blog post..

April 14th, 2009 at 11:25 pm

hello!! pleasure to meet you that day!! =) you have a really really great blog here.. very serious foodie.. LOL

andrew´s last blog post..Food Review @ Prince Hotel

April 15th, 2009 at 1:54 am

wow… all the way down to KL for food review?? amazing!! and admire too!! :)

New Kid On The Blog´s last blog post..Four Seasons Tea House ??????

April 15th, 2009 at 7:56 am

CK I’ve been to this restaurant before! Indeed a fabulous spread of dim sum and very delicious too! It’s great now that they have buffet style, previously it was all ala carte.

iamthewitch´s last blog post..Edelweiss = noble + white

April 15th, 2009 at 8:31 am

the fusion rice crusted satay is quite unique

foodbin´s last blog post..TGI FRIDAYS RESTAURANT AND BAR,

April 15th, 2009 at 8:50 am

Such an honor for the invitation! :) Review and savoring the nice food at the same time.

Little Inbox´s last blog post..Chicken & Fresh Veggies Pita Wraps

April 15th, 2009 at 9:15 am

so cool … so this was ur main purpose of going KL lah? :)

cant wait for more food adventures.

J2Kfm´s last blog post..Langkawi REvisited – A Tale of 3 Musketeers

April 15th, 2009 at 9:27 am

its a nice place for dim sum..just pity the prices on some of their dim sum..double digits a dish!

lotsofcravings´s last blog post..What is breakfast to you?

April 15th, 2009 at 1:27 pm

Always thought dim sum without pork is not nice enough :P

mimid3vils´s last blog post..Coming Soon to Our Shore….

April 15th, 2009 at 1:49 pm

Food Paradise – That is a very new item to me and taste good.

email2me – We really had lots of dim sum and also get to know new items too.

StevenGoh.com – It has lots more to offer besides the ones we had. Do drop by to try it.

Big Boys Oven – I was so indulged tasting all those nice dim sum and meeting so many people…that’s great, thanks again.

andrew – The pleasure is all mine. Hope to meet up with you again.

New Kid On The Blog – More of a relaxing weekend and lots of makan-makan.

April 15th, 2009 at 2:27 pm

What a wonderful spread! I want every single dish you captured… Chilli crab buns??! How ingenious… wait is this all you can eat a buffet spread, or do you have to place orders?

550ml jar of faith´s last blog post..Lekor lovin’ in Taman Desa

April 15th, 2009 at 2:45 pm

iamthewitch – Do go and try it out, indeed is a nice change for a buffet style dim sum.

foodbin – You won’t be able to find it elsewhere except in Tai Zi Heen…only they have thought of that idea.

Little Inbox – Indeed, it is.

J2Kfm – That was part of the itinerary… another part was trying to meet up with my friend, J.

lotsofcravings – It is a nice place and they do give you food quality and ambiance too.

mimid3vils – Surprisingly the dim sum items turns out tasty and flavorful too. Drop by and try it out.

April 15th, 2009 at 2:45 pm

ohhh… so tats why u in KL.. this is a VERY interesting turn of events…

thenomadGourmand´s last blog post..The FriedChillies Annual Foodsters’ Award 2009

April 15th, 2009 at 2:59 pm

Oh my! Great discovery! Just remind me of the food voucher frm BBO. Hehehe!

lk´s last blog post..Raisin scones

April 15th, 2009 at 5:20 pm

CK, KL hilton’s dim sum is not bad as well.. it’s pork free to.. besides serving with the kungfu tea…

Mabel´s last blog post..Random Post

April 15th, 2009 at 5:40 pm

for rm 45, it’s pretty reasonable ! the chic satays looks interesting too

April 15th, 2009 at 7:59 pm

Hi Cklam, it’s a nice entry on Prince Hotel buffet.
We would also like to invite you to join our Mother’s Day photo contest ;)

foodpromotions´s last blog post..Advertorial

April 15th, 2009 at 9:38 pm

Omg! I love the cripy yam puff very much! I think RM45 is worth for a Dim Sum buffet, estimate RM3 per plate, btw can you eat 15plate or more? haha.. However, I love dim sum a lot! :D

Ka Hoong Chai´s last blog post..Vary Pasta @ Damansara Jaya

April 15th, 2009 at 10:43 pm
Bris77

Chili Crab Buns? It looks delicious.. and that red bean cream makes me drools over my computer!! Now, I am hungry!! Ok, Tai Zi Heen will be my lunch venue this upcoming weekend! Hooray.. Tai Zi Heen, here I come! :P

April 16th, 2009 at 8:15 am

550ml jar of faith – It is a buffet spread but they will only prepare the food when you place your order, so it’s always fresh.

thenomadGourmand – Just there at the right timing.

lk – Looks like both of us have one each…haha

Mabel – Sounds interesting…have yet to visit the place. Thanks for sharing the info. Btw…do hop over to TZH to try out the dim sum too.

kampungboycitygal – Unique taste and nicely presented.

foodpromotions – It is a nice experience for me doing this buffet review. Btw…thanks for the contest invitation.

Ka Hoong Chai – Very good at calculation ya…it is ideed worth trying out the dim sum.

Bris77 – Hope you have a pleasant lunch in TZH.

April 16th, 2009 at 10:53 am

wow Lam..u r really something.. can even take a pic with the great chef himself! kudos to u for being so famous …

April 16th, 2009 at 11:07 am

Wow! That’s a lot of really superior dim sum, I like the steamed Singapore chili crab buns and the crystal clear prawn dumplings (that’s my fave!) I’m very picky when it comes to har gao..hehe:)

You must’ve felt very very full after that, huh?:p

Christy´s last blog post..A Dose of sweetness @ Sugar Dynasty

April 16th, 2009 at 11:15 am

Nice food…i cant believe this… so nice

April 16th, 2009 at 2:44 pm

Hehe… This is “high-class” dim sum compared to my “street-wise” dim sum… but it’s all good! :D

Life for Beginners´s last blog post..These Pages They Dream

April 16th, 2009 at 9:12 pm

wow! Singapore chili crab bun? sounds good, we dont hv it in a bun here. lol

ladyironchef´s last blog post..The City Kid (Part 5): The Star Voyage

April 17th, 2009 at 12:51 pm

claire – The chef is very obliging and did not turn down our request.

Christy – It was a very enjoyable lunch and I did had a large share of dim sum.

http://www.edunovice.com – Nice and tasty too.

Life for Beginners – All my dim sum outing has been good so far and yours is just as inviting.

ladyironchef – Very creative…maybe you will find this in s’pore soon.

April 17th, 2009 at 1:34 pm
azly anwar

after reading your write up, i picked up the phone and tried to make reservations (no reservations needed, they claim)..

That was 5 minutes ago.. I’m:
# get off my PC
# get a shower
# get dressed
# get there
… and get stuffed on halal dim-sum..

get outta the way people!! hahahaa..

February 1st, 2010 at 10:14 am

1. Food Point of Interest    Apr 20 2009 / 12pm:

Tai Zi Heen, Prince Hotel – Dim Sum Odyssey…

Looking for something out of the ordinary? Look no more! Checkout the award winning Tai Zi Heen Chinese Restaurant for its popular Dim Sum with a difference!

Chef Master Ricky Thein and Dim Sum Chef Loo Sai Wah with their Dim Sum culinary team have sp…

2. Getaway Weekend @ Prince Hotel & Residence, Kuala Lumpur | What2See : Best of Penang Food!    May 02 2009 / 12am:

[...] as I was impressed by it when I attended the Dim Sum review event at their Chinese Restaurant, Tai Zi Heen in [...]

3. my blog    Jul 02 2009 / 8pm: