We took an evening drive across the Penang Bridge for food as it has been a while since we had our last mainland makan outing at Cai Xiang Seafood Restaurant. We headed for Pantai Bersih in Bagan Ajam along the Butterworth Outer Ring Road for a seafood dinner.

Lobster Village Seafood Restaurant was the ideal choice as it was recommended to us by a friend who regularly patronize this place. We had the panggang crabs to begin with. The simplicity of “panggang”-ing the fresh crabs; brings out the sweetness and the fragrance.

img_0481.jpg

img_0486.jpg
Flower Crabs with firm flesh

We saw the popular cockles (see hum) and could not resist ordering it. This good stuff is known as one of the cheapest seafood around and this plate cost RM8.

img_0470.jpg
Cockles (See Hum)

The Guinness Chicken is well marinated, very tasty however I personally find it a bit tough, perhaps the piece of breast meat that I was eating.

img_0461.jpg

img_0464.jpg

We also ordered the Mantis Prawn which comes in two different sizes; at RM14 for a small one and RM28 for the larger ones. We had it fried with salted egg yolk. The egg yolk is fried until it turns to a sandy texture and it was a pleasure licking and chewing on the prawn.

img_0475.jpg

img_0471.jpg
Two Mantis Prawn fried with Salted Egg Yolk @RM28 each

Steam Stingray in Thai Style…This dish comes in a generous big portion. The gravy is very appetizing and addictive, slightly sour and spicy taste with pieces of cucumber and pineapple and garnished with mint leaves.

img_0477.jpg

Fried Tua Pan is actually fried Hor Fun. This plate of Tua Pan is fried till dry and very tasty taken with the superb sambal. Overall, the dinner cost RM144 with the order of all the dishes plus tea.

img_0459.jpg

Sitting outdoor is more fun as you get to enjoy the breathtaking view of Penang island with wonderful sea breeze. We noticed that there were two more restaurants beside with many customers as well. We will be going back to this area for more great food. Click here for the Map Location. It’s the first restaurant when you enter the dirt road.

img_0493.jpg

Lobster Village Seafood Restaurant
Bagan Ajam Pantai Bersih
Butterworth

Tel : 016 4322833 & 016 5920229

GPS Coordinates : N05 2626.7   E100 2243.3

Around the vicinity, you could find Ah Keat Seafood as well.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

This entry was posted on Sunday, April 26th, 2009 at 7:06 pm and is filed under Chinese, Penang Mainland, Penang Restaurant, Seafood. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

What a seafood feast! Yummy! The fried tua pan and the mantis prawn are so very tempting! My stomach is crying for seafood now … :P

allie´s last blog post..Penang Hawker Food | Wan Tan Mee @ Eng Loh Coffee Shop

April 26th, 2009 at 10:27 pm

Again, this place is in my hometown. Did you tried before Wan Ton Mee at Raja Uda? The coffeeshop just near to Jalan Siram traffic light, their noodle is home made, my whole family like it more than 30 years, now the daughters are running the business. Too bad I can’t recall the coffeeshop name. Original it was from Bagan Luar.

Kenny Ng´s last blog post..On The Track

April 26th, 2009 at 11:02 pm

Hmmm…I am interested in the fried tua pan…I think the width of the tua pan is wider than hoh fun, I tried in SP, dunno it same with penang one or not.

Satisfyingtummy´s last blog post..Aussie BBQ buffet @ Crowne Plaza Hotel

April 26th, 2009 at 11:36 pm

allie – It’s just a drive over the bridge, good visit during weekends.

Kenny Ng – Will try to figure out the location on my next stop…thanks for sharing it :)

Satisfyingtummy – The tua pan is much wider and fatter in size than the horfun…fried dry, very tasty.

April 27th, 2009 at 12:37 am

Not sure Kenny mentioned the Wanton Mee was the one that I visited?

Anyway, this is the place that I’ve been searching. Thanks for sharing….

BTW, nice shots… what’s the aperture like?

New Kid On The Blog´s last blog post..Aceh Street Wanton Mee

April 27th, 2009 at 7:55 am

RM28 per mantis prawn? a little pricey eh?

the crabs are to be eaten on their own, or with accompanying sauces?

J2Kfm´s last blog post..A Tall Order – Fifteen Tower Tauge Ayam in Ipoh

April 27th, 2009 at 8:49 am

Now with the GPS location in your blog, it makes the food hunting easier.

Little Inbox´s last blog post..Meat Patties In Mushroom Sauce

April 27th, 2009 at 9:10 am

guiness chicken….hmm. i wonder does it taste alcohol? i’ve tried salted egg crab…but never tried with mantis prawn…should b nice also right?

SimpleGirl´s last blog post..Rak Thai@The Gardens

April 27th, 2009 at 9:12 am

The mantis prawns sound absolutely heavenly, only two enough?? Can smell the tua pan from here! From the looks of the scene, this is already a firm favourite with locals – was it a long waiting time?

550ml jar of faith´s last blog post..Taro terror!

April 27th, 2009 at 9:20 am

I have tasted Guiness pork ribs before, but not chicken. I think it would go better with ribs, since the meat is less likely to be tough eh? :) And the mantis prawns looked huge!

iamthewitch´s last blog post..I am addicted!

April 27th, 2009 at 9:28 am

Why lobster village no lobster one :P XD

email2me´s last blog post..Penang Coconut Jelly

April 27th, 2009 at 10:05 am

New Kid On The Blog – The aperture is 2.8 and 3.2 as the outdoor sitting is dark. Will look out for the wanton mee too.

J2Kfm – They have chili sauce to go with the crabs but I prefer to eat it on its own.

Little Inbox – So much easier for those that have the unit…just have to key the coordinates given by me and it will lead you directly to the makan place.

SimpleGirl – I don’t really taste a lot of alcohol in the chicken after all the cooking.
Do try having the mantis prawn, it is just as nice.

550ml jar of faith – Ordered two only as I thought the big size mantis prawn could turn out to be alot…haha
We only waited for around twenty mins for the food, quite fast.

iamthewitch – That piece of breast meat was a bit tough. Will ask for the spare ribs the next round.

email2me – That’s a good question…hmm. Not pay day yet, waiting for the pay check at the end of the month…:)

April 27th, 2009 at 11:00 am

Thanks for sharing, I’ve been hearing so much about Pantai Bersih seafood which beats that of Tambun that I was wondering how good were they =)

Prices are not bad, but I think the mantis are a little pricey too :p

Christy´s last blog post..Italian Set Lunch @ Santini Cafe

April 27th, 2009 at 11:28 am

i think it was a waste to panggang the flower crab-love the big mantis prawns

foodbin´s last blog post..MM CAFE

April 27th, 2009 at 11:43 am

Wow, another seafood feast. I noticed you ate a lot of seafood lately uh?! I was about to ask the same question as Ken :)

cariso´s last blog post..Shanghai Ding – Lunch Set

April 27th, 2009 at 3:10 pm

Promising place to check out. The last I was in Penang for seafood was in Tambun. It was disappointing. Invasion of houseflies! They blamed it on the chicken farms nearby.

April 27th, 2009 at 3:45 pm

The foods look delicious…. wah… another good food hunt. ^o^

April 27th, 2009 at 7:58 pm

What a spread over the bridge; pity the guiness stout pork chops are a bit tough but otherwise looks guiness stout alright..black.
The flower crabs are sweeter tho less meaty than sri lankan, yummy.

April 27th, 2009 at 8:40 pm

Wow not expensive at all! just looks amazing beautiful. I dreamed of eating the “kerang” crockles! :)

bigboysoven´s last blog post..TITAN TSANG’S COGNAC CHOCOLATE, RICH CHOCOLATE MOUSSE WITH COGNAC BAVAROIS | BIG BOYS OVEN SWEET DESSERT

April 28th, 2009 at 9:30 am

Tasty fried tua pan is hard to find these days. Glad that you shared :D

foodpromotions´s last blog post..Advertorial

April 28th, 2009 at 11:27 am

hi CK, this is too wonderful! I spent my childhood years in Bagan Ajam and Pantai Bersih was, well, not what its name attests it to be ;) But I will definitely seek this seafood place out on my next trip `home.’ Thanks much for this. Nice pix too.

Jane Lee´s last blog post..On a Mission

April 28th, 2009 at 12:55 pm

The stingray looks so appetizing!

April 28th, 2009 at 2:55 pm

The Fried Tua Pan looks so good. Thinking about the sambal combo just make my mouth water.

CK, is there any beef in the Fried Tua Pan. I don’t eat beef

Alan´s last blog post..Momiji-tei

April 28th, 2009 at 5:23 pm

that guinness chicken sounds very very interesting. I’m not such a fan of the cockles, though, because I’m too lazy to crack them open! do you like them half-raw or all the way cooked?

April 29th, 2009 at 12:26 am

Wah … your food looks damn shiokkk. Can’t wait to go north again real soon !!!!

Timothy Low´s last blog post..I am hungry.

April 29th, 2009 at 3:21 am

Christy – Do check with them for the prices of the mantis prawn as different sizes comes in different price.

foodbin – The panggang flower crab is very fresh and tasty too.

cariso – same answer too…no pay day so no lobster…haha

chin – For sure, you won’t see houseflies around here.

food paradise – Drive over and have a meal with yr family…sit outdoor for the night view.

jencooks – The flower crabs were good, would be better if the size is bigger…more meaty.

bigboysoven – Didn’t know you are a kerang lover. Can try out this place on yr pg visit.

foodpromotions – You are most welcome…do try it out.

Jane Lee – In that case, you should introduce more old school food outlets in that area to me.

lk – Nice to go with white rice.

Alan – This is a dish for you as they do not put in any beef.

Sophia – I prefer mine to be half cooked, can taste the sweetness of it.

Timothy Low – Remember to contact me when you do come up north…we go makan together.

April 30th, 2009 at 11:17 am
Jane

I don have GPS Coordinator, so sometime I find quit difficult to locate. Maybe, u can indicate some nearby landmark, ie some shop name so that will help to find the restaurant more easily.

July 19th, 2009 at 4:27 pm