My family visited this air conditioned noodle shop which was located along Jalan Kampar on our recent Ipoh trip. Our meal started off with a plate of Stew Beef Noodles @RM6.80. It was served with plenty of vegetables, indeed different from those serve in Penang.

p1120555.jpg

It was a delight to see that they serve Beef Soup. It came with chunks of beef and other innards with pieces of turnips in a claypot of savory and tasty beef soup. It has a very distinct flavor with the added turnip. Hubby loved this soup!

p1120545.jpg

Beef soup @RM7.50 (large)

The meal was accompanied by a plate of Kau Choy pancake. The fish paste contrasts well with the pieces of carrot and kau choy. It has a crispy coating which was a bit oily.

p1120553.jpg

Kau Choy pancake @RM6.00

Finally we had the selection of pork and beef balls (with tendon) together with various kinds of Yong Tau Foo in a bowl of clear soup.

p1120542.jpg

Each item cost around RM0.60 each

No meal of Yong Tau Foo will be complete without bowls of plain noodles. We had the curry and dry version @RM1.40 each. The flavorful Curry Hor Fun and the dry springy noodle with Ipoh’s famous crunchy beansprouts was good. The prices were quite reasonable even though the food is served in an air-conditioned shop.

This is one place worth visiting for Yong Tau Foo. It is indeed a nice change from our usual stall, ‘tai shue keok’ which we have been patronizing regularly.

Nam Fatt Fish Ball Noodle House
86C Jalan Permaisuri Bainun
(Jalan Kampar)
30250 Ipoh
Perak

Tel : 05 2536454

Business Hours : 8am – 10.45pm

Open daily

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

This entry was posted on Sunday, September 20th, 2009 at 1:42 am and is filed under Beef Noodle, Curry Mee, Ipoh, Restaurant, Yong Tau Foo. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

I love the look of the kau choy pancake!!! I am craving grease now, that’s probably why… hehe! Hey CK are you on Twitter?

September 20th, 2009 at 7:45 am

Oh you certainly don’t get the Kau Choy pancake everywhere! That’s a very nice addition to the usual Yong Tau Foo fare. :)

September 20th, 2009 at 9:22 am
BG

Hi CK, no GPS coordinate info? It is useful for me when hurting food out of Penang. Thanks…

September 20th, 2009 at 10:49 am

Notice Ipoh Curry Noodle and Penang, what’s the difference?

September 20th, 2009 at 12:24 pm

Nam Fatt food used to b better….esp the yeong liu,,,

September 20th, 2009 at 9:37 pm

the kau choi pancake looks the most tempting among all.
this shop had been running for some time now.
just that this place always escaped my radar.
i normally patronize the coffee shops opposite of this shop, on the small road leading to Tai Shu Keok.

September 20th, 2009 at 11:00 pm

All the foods look so hearty and home cooked

September 21st, 2009 at 11:11 am

I guess ‘popular’ would be the word for te Ipoh ‘Yong Liu’ or stuffed ingredients. KL also has its fare share of popularity in the areas of ‘Yong Liu’.

September 21st, 2009 at 2:44 pm

This is one of the famous yong tau foo noodle house in Ipoh. Glad you enjoy the food there:))

September 21st, 2009 at 3:42 pm

550ml jar of faith – You can find me at http://www.twitter.com/cklam88

Life for Beginners – Do visit this place when you happen to be in Ipoh.

BG – Forgot about that…haha. Will update it when I pay another visit again.

New Kid On The Blog – Ipoh curry are more richer in spices and aromatic and comes with curry chicken whereas those in penang are more on the whiter side – with your own add-on chili paste and comes with cuttle fish and pig’s blood.

simplegirl – Glad my friend introduced it to me :)

September 21st, 2009 at 5:36 pm

J2Kfm – Hope to see your review on this place too. Will sure to check out the places that you mentioned.

email2me – Do visit this place on your Ipoh stopover. They serves tasty Yong Tau Foo.

Jason Wong – Hope to see a stall in Penang selling such good and tasty ‘Yong Liu’.

Elin – Defintely will be visitng Nam Fatt again to try out the rest of the dishes.

September 21st, 2009 at 5:42 pm

Welcome to Ipoh!
You’ve got he right place for Yong Tu Foo

September 22nd, 2009 at 12:08 am

Ming Na – Never knew about this place until my friend recommend it to me.
Thanks for dropping by.

September 22nd, 2009 at 12:33 am

turnip always goes well with beef soup.

September 23rd, 2009 at 3:20 pm

foodbin – The turnip has the texture to absorb all the flavors of the soup…

September 23rd, 2009 at 3:43 pm
OneBigMouth

Another great find. I just love those turnips ngau lam or gnau chap soup. The pancake remind me of those crispy Bagan Lalang fried popiah, at least these are nearer to get to.

Btw beef balls with gnau kan is not “veins” but tendons.

September 25th, 2009 at 10:29 pm

OneBigMouth – Thanks for the correct word.

September 26th, 2009 at 12:56 am

I miss this Yu Dan Fun store so much, they’re one of the few ones with air-con seating as far as I know. Things might be a little bit more ex than their rivals out there, but quality is just as good…I miss Ipoh food so much :)

September 26th, 2009 at 3:25 am
soomilky

Have u try TAI KAR ROCK’s fish ball noodles? It also very tastety.. i’m very like it.U can go try it at 22, jln seenivasagam,ipoh.

March 19th, 2010 at 6:49 pm

adel – Me too. It’s been a while since my last visit.

soomilky – Thanks for the intro…would like to drop by one day :)

March 19th, 2010 at 8:47 pm

1. Ipoh Food – Nam Fatt Fish Ball Noodle House - Asian Food Blog    Sep 20 2009 / 11pm:

[...] Yong Tau Foo is a famous hawker food in Ipoh and is commonly found in food court and coffee shops around the town. I personally find the Yong Tau Foo in Ipoh tastier, and was delighted when my friend KS introduced me to Nam Fatt Fish Ball Noodle House. My family visited this air conditioned [...] Read original post [...]

2. Yong Tau Foo at Kafe Pantai Timur Cafe, Paya Terubong Penang | What2See : Best of Penang Food!    May 04 2010 / 11pm:

[...] over to Kafe Pantai Timur! The yongtaufoo is different compared to those authentic ones sold in Ipoh, however it is among the best around Penang. Click here for the Map [...]