The Sea Pearl Lagoon Cafe which is famous for its seafood is situated next to the Tua Pek Kong Temple in Tanjung Tokong with a beautiful seaside view overlooking the North Channel. I went there several times with my family and friends for lunch and dinner.

The seafood is cooked in very simple method, with their signature dish of coal-baked crabs and salt-baked prawns. I’ve eaten baked crabs in Teluk Kumbar Seafood, Crab Village Restaurant and Khuntai Restaurant, but I find this place produces the best baked crabs. The restaurant owner relies on these two signature dishes to pull in the customers.

Straight to the delicious food!

My mouth started watering with the aroma of the baked prawns filling the air. The salt-baked prawns with the smoky taste have us sucking and licking the shell.

Baked Prawn at RM18 half a kilo

Besides the seafood there are other stalls as well. You can expect the owners from these stalls walking up to you to take your orders. For RM12, this finger food of deep fried calamari comes with a coating of flour mixture, really good. It is crispy on the outside with the fantastic tender calamari on the inside. Great to go with some cold beer.

Deep Fried Calamari RM12

Best of all, the seafood served here is very “chee” (fresh in Hokkien). I particularly enjoyed their simple Stir Fried Lala which of chili and brown beans.

Stir Fried Lala, it was indeed very fresh and enjoyable

Besides that, there is also another stall selling Satay! The Chicken Satay together with the sauce was an excellent complement to our meal.

Sea Pearl Lagoon Cafe – Seafood with a view! @ Tanjung Tokong, Penang

Their range of drinks are ordinary, however we were satisfied with their Coconut Drink!

Sea Pearl Lagoon Cafe – Seafood with a view! @ Tanjung Tokong, Penang

Next up was the Deep Fried Baby Chicken. It was very succulent and juicy, and it is my son’s favorite!

Sea Pearl Lagoon Cafe – Seafood with a view! @ Tanjung Tokong, Penang

The Grilled Stingray is one delicacy sold in many places, usually grilled on banana leaves. It was served with delicious sambal sauce with onions. This fish cost RM12.

Sea Pearl Lagoon Cafe – Seafood with a view! @ Tanjung Tokong, Penang

We also had some Hokkien Char Noodles which we found to be just ordinary -  RM12.

Sea Pearl Lagoon Cafe – Seafood with a view! @ Tanjung Tokong, Penang

We thoroughly enjoyed the plate of fresh succulent oysters fried with egg and served with a watery chili sauce. Lip-smacking!

Fried Oysters RM12

Last but not least, no trip to this seafood restaurant will be complete without the baked Crabs! The crab was quite petite but super fresh.

Cooked with black burned marks,  the flesh was succulent & sweet which goes well with the home-made chili dipping sauce. It has the flavor that keeps me wanting more!

Sea Pearl Lagoon Cafe - Seafood with a view! @ Tanjung Tokong, Penang

One kilo of meat crab RM40

All the food was just simply delicious. This is one place for great seafood and a combination of other food. Plastic and metal stools and tables filled up the spaces in the al-fresco dining area. For those who like to enjoy the sunset, do go a bit earlier. The view is beautiful and can be view here.

Sea Pearl Lagoon Cafe – Seafood with a view! @ Tanjung Tokong, Penang

A nice place to enjoy seafood facing the sea

Sea Pearl Lagoon Cafe – Seafood with a view! @ Tanjung Tokong, Penang

It is quite difficult to find the way to this restaurant, but with my Map Location and GPS Coordinates, it shouldn’t be a problem.

Sea Pearl Lagoon Cafe
338 Mukim 18
Tanjung Tokong
10470 Penang

Tel : 04 8990375

Business Hour : 11am – 10pm

GPS Coordinates : N05 2748.8   E100 1828.9

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

This entry was posted on Sunday, November 15th, 2009 at 2:39 pm and is filed under Penang Restaurant, Pork Free, Seafood, Tanjung Tokong. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

what a important info from you. did not have to travel far from the city to eat seafood. Tq

November 15th, 2009 at 10:06 pm

i like places like this-fresh seafood, cool sea breeze, under the moonlit…..

November 16th, 2009 at 10:28 am

i love this place … and best dish of all, the prawns!!!

November 16th, 2009 at 10:39 am

nice place, cool ambience. i never tried salt-baked crabs though. can really taste the freshness ….

November 16th, 2009 at 10:58 am

Until now, I still dunno where is this place… :(

November 16th, 2009 at 11:29 am

hApPy HaPpY – You are most welcome :)

foodbin – Really have the feeeel…haha

Duckie – I can’t have enough of the prawns too…it is a must order dish.

J2Kfm – You have to order this dish. It is an attraction of this place.

NKOTB – Just follow the map on this page. If unsure, always welcome to give me a call.

November 16th, 2009 at 11:50 am

oh gosh CK, the prawn, the lala and the crab looks gorgeous! <3 will mark this place down if i ever go there :D

November 16th, 2009 at 2:50 pm

I like the calamari….. always for got to bring my sis there as she will be thrilled with the calamari. Thanks for reminding me. ^-^

November 16th, 2009 at 4:13 pm

The baby chicken is something new! Looks cute and delicious, like roast pigeon :)

November 16th, 2009 at 4:26 pm

nice place, nice seafood with coconut..drooling`

November 16th, 2009 at 5:15 pm
taukwa

wah, the first pix is my favourite. Thanks for bringing me there.

November 16th, 2009 at 7:19 pm
cs

it is really great that you provide the prices for our reference, keep it up !

November 16th, 2009 at 10:53 pm

xin – Just let me know, I will go and makan with you when you come over to Penang.

FoOd PaRaDiSe – Haha…good to write down a makan list.

iamthewitch – It is a good addition to all the seafood…fried on the spot, hot and juicy.

taufulou – Take your dad to makan at this place on your next trip.

taukwa – Happy that you and your friends enjoyed the dinner. The night shots taken were a bit blur.

cs – Will try to include the prices for my readers whenever it is possible. Glad it is useful :)

November 16th, 2009 at 10:58 pm

SEE the lovely fried oysters….no wonder my mum loves to order it whenever we are having food in Penang hawker center

November 17th, 2009 at 8:58 am

I think I could finish that whole plate of baked prawns! haha. the deep fried baby chicken looks like the pigeons ;)

November 17th, 2009 at 10:45 am

where is it? why i never know got this place in tanjung tokong before…so many local food there…

November 17th, 2009 at 3:36 pm

SimpleGirl – Irresistible juicy!

Christine – You have to try the baked prawns. Most people that have tried it will always return for more…haha

squall – This place is hidden from the main road. The map will guide you to it.

November 17th, 2009 at 10:50 pm

Wow! Seafood fiesta! Die-die must go!

November 17th, 2009 at 11:37 pm

Lingzie said this is related to the Crab Village we went to when we all met up, right? Aiyoyo, next time when I go back, must go there and makan with you all, okay? I had only been to this place once and it was like 15 years ago or something.

November 22nd, 2009 at 1:20 pm

foodfortots – Simply and delicious seafood.

Rasa Malaysia – All of us would be happy to meet up with you. Make sure you let us know of your visit this time around :)

We will makan together at this place which is run by the relative of the owner operating Crab Village.

November 23rd, 2009 at 12:09 am
LC

HI CK,

Your site is ridiculous… I am coming back to Penang in April with my boyfriend and i can’t wait to show him all the great food we have on this island…

The Mud Crab… OMG!!! Currently living in Australia and all seafood here are frozen :( the freshness is out of the door…

Your blog has given me ideas of places i should visit.

Great work :)

March 4th, 2010 at 10:10 am
SL

Oh, finally I found the place…I try this about 10 years back while my colleague bring me…remember the prawn and alway wanted to go back but not sure the place….CK, thanks so much of giving the GPS coordinate too…I am going Penang on this Sunday….so happy that I can go back this round….the prawn were really unforgettable….must try the crab this round…..

December 2nd, 2010 at 8:37 pm
kelly

may i ask u, how to arrv there if i depart for naza hotel? i mean got any signboard or signal for me? Thx!

Do check your email. I have posted the info to you.

January 7th, 2011 at 1:29 pm
Lim Kopi

Thanks for sharing.
My friend want eat fried oyster, I might bring him to here since this place can have along with decent dinner meal as well.

February 14th, 2013 at 10:44 am
Wendy

Hi loved your blog! Any idea if the food is still good? A friend of mine said they don’t do noodles and the other stores like satay and calamari are non there as well.

July 10th, 2013 at 10:35 pm

One Trackback/Ping

1. Toast with homemade kaya at Ah Wang Cafe | What2See : Best of Penang Food!    Sep 27 2011 / 11am:

[...] stall is located below the UDA flats; just minutes walk from the popular Sea Pear Lagoon seafood restaurant. Click here for the Map Location. The cafe is closed on [...]