The Ocean Green Seafood Restaurant is a popular dining place located off Jalan Sultan Ahmad Shah in the city center. My family enjoyed dining at this restaurant which offers an open view of the beach and the sea. This surrounding beach area is a popular place for couples to have their wedding photos taken.

We had a good start with the popular dish of steamed tiger prawns. The prawns are very juicy and delicious, you could even savor it on its own! It is best dipped into their freshly homemade chili sauce which is a must-have for me!

Ocean Green Seafood Restaurant in Penang

A great starter to a wonderful seafood meal!

Their classic Deep Fried Baby Chicken is always satisfying. The chicks are marinated with their own twist of ingredients, tasted significantly different from those that I had in Ong Cheng Huat Seafood.

Ocean Green Seafood Restaurant in Penang

Another hot favorite for my family is the Steam Curry Fish. It is slightly spicy with lady fingers, tomatoes and served with mint leaves. The combination of the flavorsome gravy with the blanched beehoon is awesome. I never miss out this dish on my every visit.

Ocean Green Seafood Restaurant in Penang

This restaurant has its own way of preparing the satay, quite similar to those from Teluk Kumbar Seafood. They are served charcoal grilled with overlaid sauce. The barbecued skewers of chicken meat coated with slightly spicy peanut-based sauce are accompanied with cucumber and onions.

Ocean Green Seafood Restaurant in Penang

Clams can be served in many variations and we opted for them to be stir fried. The accompanied garlic and chili padi enhanced the flavors of the clams. Excellent to go with rice or on its own!

Ocean Green Seafood Restaurant in Penang

The crab is cooked in the sweet and sour spicy gravy which makes a good dip for the deep fried Chinese buns (man tou). The gravy is very flavorful!

Ocean Green Seafood Restaurant in Penang

This simple dish of Spinach in superior soup (siong tong yuen choy) with plenty of scallops, garlic and pieces of century egg is cooked to perfection.

Ocean Green Seafood Restaurant in Penang

The meal concluded with fried mee-tiau! Fried with seafood, it is filled with wok-hei and plenty of flavors! Topped off our meal nicely…!

Ocean Green Seafood Restaurant in Penang

One particular favorite for me over the years is their special dessert! Do check out their steamed tapioca with thick santan (coconut milk), it is simply lip-smacking!

As I mentioned earlier, they have a very beautiful sea view right outside the restaurant. I managed to catch a photograph of a newly wedded couple!

View from Ocean Green Seafood Restaurant

View from Ocean Green Seafood Restaurant

It is best to make a reservation as the restaurant is usually packed (even on weekdays).

Ocean Green Seafood Restaurant
48F Jalan Sultan Ahmad Shah
10050 Penang

Tel: 04 2262681 &  2274530

Business hours: 12noon till 11pm (daily)

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

This entry was posted on Tuesday, March 23rd, 2010 at 10:28 pm and is filed under George Town, Penang, Penang Restaurant, Pork Free, Satay, Seafood. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

Oh this is new, but the name of the road rings a bell. Love having clams and prawns.

March 24th, 2010 at 12:24 am

Deep Fried Baby Chicken? I was joking with the Devil Wears Prada the other day about pigs and piglets (for suckling pig), but how come no one cooked using the young of chickens.

And now… apparently they do! :P

March 24th, 2010 at 7:44 am

i like their stuffed baked crab meat in crab shells (similar to thai style and easier to eat for lazy ppl like me! lol ) and the baby chicken is also a favourite! :)

March 24th, 2010 at 9:19 am

bamboo shoot!!!huhuu<3<3~

March 24th, 2010 at 9:21 am

i went for crab at tak fok restaurant last weekend….damn, they dun have crab that day and now see ur crab pics…makes me drool…

wah, really nice scenery….can makan and see nice scenery, really envy u…

March 24th, 2010 at 9:59 am

wow! I am on crab trail soon……..!

March 24th, 2010 at 10:04 am

I heard they are pretty pricey, that’s why till today I hv not step foot into this place. :(

March 24th, 2010 at 10:08 am

Looks like a yummy seafood spreee~

March 24th, 2010 at 10:22 am

Hi dear, so happy to have bumped into you at the airport! Must catch up again soon! :)

March 24th, 2010 at 11:19 am

i must try… miss the crab and satay :)

March 24th, 2010 at 11:34 am

Did you say the satay is similar to Teluk Kumbar?? I’m sold!! Ah looking at the picture of the sea suddenly made me miss Penang… :(

March 24th, 2010 at 3:24 pm

the pic of the crab reminded me that I haven’t had the sweet and sour version for ages! I miss Penang food. really have to plan a trip north someday… :)

March 24th, 2010 at 10:46 pm

The food here is nice and fresh.

March 25th, 2010 at 8:20 am

steamed curry fish huh? never heard of it lol

March 25th, 2010 at 10:50 am

great looking curry fish.

March 25th, 2010 at 2:34 pm

Remember I ran into you last year? It was our first time dining there but I thought the food was so so. We had the prawn and they were rubbery, over-steamed, and the other dishes were just OK. My elder sister also thought so. Maybe next time must go with you because we didn’t try the other dishes you had.

March 26th, 2010 at 8:18 am

I heard so too.

March 27th, 2010 at 12:45 pm

remember not to go there cause they have a dog eye captain call sam spoil all your eating mood. If whoever know the boss there do let me know as I want to told the boss his restraurant can close down due to this dog person. This dog captain is very unprofessional and very unpolite look down to you when u wear cheap and drive cheap car there. DO remember to drive your big car so that this dog captain can serve you better like a king.

March 29th, 2010 at 8:05 pm
nekoay

The food is not pricey if you know how to order the dishes. the price is standard unless for the Price of fish.(depends on market price).
If you really want to eat fish, order the “Ang Sai” is around RM35-RM40/fish, is almost same price with outsider restaurant.

James:- THe boss is call Ms Lim, proably you can reach her at night around 9.00pm at above phone #. Of course have some captain is dog person, but have 1 lady captain call “Chan Che ??“ is very nice and good introducing the food.

have a nice dinner…….

April 1st, 2010 at 4:08 pm

I enjoy Ocean Green food too, but I have to say I didnt like the sweet n sour crab much, but i loved the kam heong clams. I wantd to order the spinach soup dish, but they were all sold out, then i ordered a mango thai chicken, that was absolutely yum! Since you love to eat you gotta try that, im not in Penang anymore, cant enjoy malaysian food at the moment, so gotta check out your website when im craving, haha it actually made my craving worse!! But thank you for sharing, love ur site.

April 17th, 2010 at 2:32 am
Michael Lim

Well, my last visit at this place is during 1982 when working as waiter (when waiting for SPM result), the Boss – Ms Lim is very nice person and i really enjoy the work there with another 2 friends.

Must visit them again when back to Penang during month of July. Wising Ms. Lim and “Chan Che” all the best …..

May 3rd, 2010 at 9:32 pm
Jean

The curry steam fish is not tasty for me and my family. There is a really strong “santan” taste which is too overpowering for us. We prefer the fish in clay pot a lot more. Also, the deep fried spring chicken is always rather bland…need a bit more seasoning. However, we love the steamed prawns and spinach in superior soup. Also, their lobster is nice and huge!! But pricey~~

May 23rd, 2010 at 11:11 pm
Amanda

Hi I would like to know that the menu written in english or in Mandarin?

Btw.. I love this blog. I’m going to Penang for 3d2n only, but i think I need to prepare my stomach after listing all your recommended food and restaurant. =D

I am sure the menu is available for the convenience of the customers, not too worrying as the workers do speak English and Mandarin. Hope you have a wonderful time in Penang :)
As for me, I rarely look at the menu, usually they will recommend the dishes.

August 22nd, 2010 at 7:39 pm
iin

Actually the food was good BUT, the worst thing is I found worm in the sizzling oyster!! Omg.. The owner explain that the worm might be from the garnish it self.. N I realize that almost all the dish that we ordered are came with garnish! Very dissapointed. Lucky the owner didn’t ask us to pay as we just eat a lil bit only.

May 1st, 2011 at 9:41 pm
HC CHeong

Dec 17, 2011. I HAD FAMILY DINNER AT OG. THE FOOD IS THE WORST I’VE EVEN TASTED. STEAM PRAWN WITHOUT ANY TASTE. SCALLOP & BROCOLLI IS TASTELESS. 4 SEASON AT RM80 IS RIDICULOUS. OYSTER WITH EGG ON HOT PLATE; THE WORST I HAVE TASTED EVER. DON’T EVEN WANT TO GO THERE ANYMORE. BY THE WAY, THE CHARGES ARE 5 TIMES MORE THAN OUTSIDE.

December 19th, 2011 at 1:44 pm