May

An evening with Dell DRC Shutterbugs

Posted by: CK Lam   in Bayan Lepas, Events, Penang

The last few evenings have been very exciting for me. I got to spend one of the evenings in Dell and this being my first visit, I have to say I’ve a great time and totally enjoyed it!

It was a warm, welcoming to the Dell DRC Shutterbugs weekday meeting where I’ve been invited to speak about the aspect of food blogging and photography. It was great seeing such a club formed where its members shared their absolute love for the beautiful world of photography and knowledge with each other.

An evening with Dell DRC Shutterbugs by what2seeonline.com

It was great getting to pose with all the shutterbugs!

I had the pleasure of meeting the members and enjoyed a fun time mingling with them. We had an interesting discussion and it was great hearing their insights about blogging, food and photography. It was quite an experience with some truly eye-opening stuff too. I was delighted to see so many questions being asked and we were able to exchange some good points about the subject.

An evening with Dell DRC Shutterbugs by what2seeonline.com

An evening with Dell DRC Shutterbugs by what2seeonline.com

The club was founded by a group of photographers, which started off with a few members and has since grown with a huge following to around eighty people. I was shown the club photography website and was amazed by the large collection of photos in their file all contributed by the members. All of their work blended together so well.

An evening with Dell DRC Shutterbugs by what2seeonline.com

Dell DRC Shutterbugs, Christopher Choong

It was a pleasure to be invited to the Dell Shutterbug talk. A big thanks to Dell DRC Shutterbugs, especially Christopher Choong and George Lee for having me. It was a fun gathering and I left for home making plenty of friends and with lasting memories.

*Photos courtesy of Christopher Choong

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

This entry was posted on Friday, May 7th, 2010 at 7:43 pm and is filed under Bayan Lepas, Events, Penang. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

I guess most of us could always pick up a tip or two on photography! :)

Plenty to learn in photography and I pick up many tips from the members too.

May 7th, 2010 at 8:37 pm

You could see the intense concentration on their faces.

Luckily you did not see mine…I was more intense than them :)

May 7th, 2010 at 8:42 pm
Christopher Choong

Hi CK, Thanks for coming to our club and share your vision and passion.
The members had a great time and learn so much from you. They were inspired by your sharing and continue to strive for their dream.

You are a gem to them. Thank you.

P/S: Dell Shutterbugs were founded by a group of photographers. So the credit goes to everyone. :)

It is my pleasure to be invited. Thanks again for sharing the photos and hope to meet up with everyone again.

May 7th, 2010 at 10:26 pm

that is cool. I was once the employee there. I wonder how will that be if I go there for a talk. Anyway, I can feel that you have a great interact session with Dell DRC.

It was indeed a fun filled evening for me and thanks for dropping by sharing a comment :)

May 7th, 2010 at 11:57 pm

This is so fun!

Gathering and sharing is always fun.

May 8th, 2010 at 10:26 am

wow….. cool! You done a great job CK! Happy Mother’s Day!

Great to see you dropping by Mary. Happy Mother’s Day to you too! Do send my regards to your hubby and daughter.

May 8th, 2010 at 1:39 pm

Nice outing and event! ^^

Thanks Uli! Hope to meet up again, most probably end of the month :)

May 8th, 2010 at 3:23 pm

wow~ another lvl for you d…geng geng`

It was indeed a nice experience…

May 10th, 2010 at 5:15 pm
pui kheng

i was there. It’s a great sharing session.

Ck, It is so good to know you.
hmm… you make me feel like starting my own blog too !

Lovely to hear of your intention of starting a blog. Please do so…will be nice to share our views of blogging.
It was a great getting to know you too :)

May 21st, 2010 at 2:22 pm