Mar

Four Leaves Bakery, Penang

Posted by: CK Lam   in Bakery

Four Leaves Bakery is located right inside Gama Supermarket Penang. All the items are baked in the little kitchen on the premises. Our whole family have been buying bread from this bakery since a long long time. They have a wide selection of delicious breakfast/teatime favourites and we have tried most of them. My youngest son’s favourite is off course their EPI.

Wondering what is EPI???

It is basically baguettes shaped like leaves…. with ham and garnish with a bit of pepper.
Quoting my son on the taste of the EPI: chewy yummy snack…been eating it for 10 years steady and its still fantastic…just take your time to chew it as can be a bit tough.

Fresh butter rolls and mini butter tops.

This bakery outlet has stayed on for so many years. I am sure those that have patronise this bakery will agree with me that their items are really nice although their prices are slightly above average.

This entry was posted on Monday, March 17th, 2008 at 3:48 pm and is filed under Bakery. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

Anonymous

Before Rainforest Bakery came along this was the only decent bakery in town

July 5th, 2008 at 12:03 pm
CK Lam

Anonymous – I still get my bread from Four Leaves and Rainforest… both are good in their own way.

Btw, it would be nice if I could address you by your name.

July 6th, 2008 at 10:56 am
June Tan

You should try Adventist Bakery and Continental Bakery. These two are classics in Penang.

December 2nd, 2008 at 10:40 am
Sammy

Besides bread, try the strawberry fresh cream cake from Four Leaves. It’s good. Other good cake shop will be The Ritz at Prima Tanjung. The best cake shop in town.

January 16th, 2009 at 6:20 pm
Bris77

Wow.. bakery lovers, cudn’t deny Four Leaves, Rainforent, Adventist, Continental Bakeryare classics and they have lots of choices to choose from. Love Adventist’s chocolate cake (RM3.50 per piece)! Miss Continental’s cinnamon buns,chicken pies,spagetti and nasi lemak!
Ritz @ Prima Tanjung cakes are good.. and drooling, but it’s kinda expensive! Try Jenni Bakery, it has nice cakes too!
For simple traditional cake (ie pandan cakes, sugee cakes, poppy seed cake, banana cakes, chocolate chip, marble cakes) try Sin Ka Onn bakery house at Jln Air Itam, besides bus stop Air Itam at morning market. Not many bakeries nowadays sells rum balls (my fav).. and Sin Ka Onn sells them :)
For those who loves mini buns, mini sausage buns, mini tarts, try Home Bakery (cudn’t remember the road’s name) at opposite Penang Rd’s police headquarter main gate. Yummy!

February 22nd, 2009 at 6:15 pm

June Tan, Sammy & Bris77 – Thanks everyone for sharing with me all the other bakery outlets in town :)

February 22nd, 2009 at 11:16 pm
Jason Lee

Yup agree. But I still feel Adventist Bakery stands out among the rest. Long history in making healthy breads. My gf loves them ;)

March 10th, 2009 at 2:38 pm

Jason Lee – The grain loaf in Adventist Bakery is the sought after item. It taste good even with just a spread of butter.

March 10th, 2009 at 6:54 pm
Jason Lee

Ck you should try their brownies. They are quite good. Buy some for my dad occasionally although he has diabetic. :(

March 13th, 2009 at 2:38 pm
johnny boy

i think is……danish bakery exps their butter cake and sugee cake i think is the best in town!!

June 26th, 2009 at 7:41 pm
ahmad jamal bin md sabri

we would like to know about business opportunity since we based on kuala kangsar perak

December 29th, 2009 at 7:24 pm
sam

May i know is it makaron is available in this bakery and if has, today is it possible i can buy it? Becoz today is my gf birthday, she like to eat macaron. Or which bakery is selling macaron as well. Tq

November 22nd, 2011 at 10:45 am