Edelweiss Cafe is the first and only Swiss Restaurant in Penang. We have heard of it for some time but only saw it while on our way to lunch with our friends at Colonial Restaurant. We found this place very charming when we walk passed it.

We finally visited the place last week. It is housed in a pre-war shoplot. The entrance is decorated with assorted green plants and ferns.

The interior of the restaurant is beautifully decorated with antiques.

Now for the food that we came for……

Being pork lovers and don’t mind consuming a bit of fatty meat once in a while, we tried out the smoked pork belly which is rarely found nowadays. The meat was succulent and the smoked aroma was very strongly embedded into it. It was served up with salad and mashed potato mixed with cheese.

The plate of barbeque spare ribs marinated with plenty of seasonings were very tasty and I could not resist eating them using my fingers!

Dessert not to be left out. The apple flan was served warm with a scoop of Swiss Mövenpick ice cream whereas the pumpkin cake with fresh cream.

We also had the caffeine-free Madras coffee which is very soothing and smooth. The coffee cream looks lovely with a heart shaped sign made up of cocoa powder. I think it would be very romantic having this cup of coffee on Valentine’s day!!!

If you are looking for Swiss cuisine, desserts or even for a drink in a pleasant and cozy environment, just drop by this lovely restaurant located in Armenian Street.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

This entry was posted on Monday, April 14th, 2008 at 9:35 pm and is filed under Penang Restaurant, Swiss. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

New Kid on the Blog

One of my favourite place…

April 16th, 2008 at 4:48 pm
little inbox

Oh, I remember I read about the review from new kid’s food blog too. But haven’t visit it yet. :(

April 16th, 2008 at 9:37 pm
durianberry

The mashed potato is swirled on the plate like noodle.. hehe very cute! They have cheese fondue don’t they? Was thinking about going there a while back for something cheesy but didn’t make it

April 17th, 2008 at 7:14 am
CK Lam

new kid on the blog ,
you did a pretty good review on this place yourself too.

little inbox,
you should drop by this lovely place one of this days.

durianberry,
the potato looks cute and is very tasty. The cheese fondue is a bit pricy @RM75

April 17th, 2008 at 8:22 pm
gill gill

wah…the smoke pork belly quite big in portion. Did you managed to finish it? pretty temping. i will defenately going to visit this place for the succelent belly!! And the chee fondue @ RM75 serve for 2 pax or more? We managed to do our own fondue version…heee, wanna try? Btw, now i just reliase has a swiss restaurant in penang…thankx for blogging this place :)

July 8th, 2008 at 10:27 pm
CK Lam

Gill Gill – You too like the smoke pork belly ya…Its like eating a thick piece of bacon. Our family loves it. I think this is the only place in Penang serving this dish.

Would really love to try your fondue…

July 8th, 2008 at 11:20 pm
gill gill

Finally! got to tasted a wondeful smoked pork belly that i never had! i give 9 out of 10 marks! will post in in my blog soon :)

July 28th, 2008 at 5:52 pm
CK Lam

Gill gill – I am glad that you like it as much as I do. The taste just lingers in your mouth… makes me think of visiting this place again lor.

July 28th, 2008 at 10:24 pm

This is one great place to hunt for delicious food. It is kinda expensive too.

April 10th, 2009 at 11:22 pm

Jonathan – Thank you for taking your time to visit my food blog. Do feel free to drop in again for more updates.
Btw…you have a very nice and cool blog too.

April 13th, 2009 at 10:13 am

I am impressed by the smoked pork belly and looking forward to try it ^^

March 24th, 2011 at 10:04 pm
bryan lee

the food is very very nice,oh…..yummy.alles gute

March 28th, 2011 at 2:25 pm

One Trackback/Ping

1. Irish Pub & Restaurant, Shenanigans - Penang | What2See : Best of Penang Food!    Dec 02 2008 / 3pm:

[...] in the regions of Tanjung Bungah and Tanjung Tokong. I was lucky enough to have tried the Swiss, Bulgarian, German, Japanese and Korean food around these area and in [...]