Maxim Cake House located in Pulau Tikus has introduced an additional item to their range of product – donuts. It is a right timing as the Klang Valley is now getting crazy over this hole in a circle snack. Maxim do not offer the largest variety like other donut outlets but they do sell fresh and warm donuts. They usually prepare the donuts around noon and that is the time where you get to buy most of its varieties. They only make it in small quantities.

I selected a few but end up buying half a dozen costing RM1.2o each.
Besides donuts, Maxim also have a wide range of gelato (ice-cream). This is definitely the place for those with a sweet tooth.

Tags: , , , , , ,

This entry was posted on Saturday, June 14th, 2008 at 5:06 pm and is filed under Dessert, Penang, Pulau Tikus, Tidbits and Snacks. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

PenangTuaPui

donuts…. dun look at me.. can a?

stop looking at me… else i will bite u… ok… deal?

Let’s see the tua puissss wanna join me to make a visit…

the ice-cream is worth trying…

June 16th, 2008 at 10:41 pm
CK Lam

Haha…better make a visit to this place fast or else the donuts will roll off.

June 16th, 2008 at 11:31 pm
buzzingbee

ohhh they didn’t have the donuts when I went there some time ago. Looks very similar to those sold in KL.

I bet the combination of donuts with gelato will taste good too. hahaha

June 23rd, 2008 at 2:54 pm
CK Lam

Buzzingbee – They just added the doughnuts recently.

Came across it went I went there for a gelato. Couldn’t resist and end up buying it too…very tamchiak…haha

June 23rd, 2008 at 3:46 pm
Kitty M.

Just a warning – don’t buy sliced bread from Maxim’s (Pulau T branch)! I bought a loaf of sliced white bread last week and the centre slices were green with mould! I almost fainted. – Kitty Minkie aka Trailing Spouse

July 16th, 2008 at 4:11 pm
CK Lam

Kitty M – On my god,the bread has moulded…how can they sell it to the customers…I think they should pay more particular attention to the freshness of their products.

July 16th, 2008 at 10:26 pm
frankie

may i have your contact number

February 24th, 2009 at 10:53 pm
jy

wah lau…inside the loaf of bread also can go mouldy? i thought mould only grows on the surface?

whatever la…i still think i enjoy my visits there coz i’m not so picky and i jz love what they have…especially the traditional custard puffs…unbelievable…made daily.

May 12th, 2009 at 12:43 am
Just A Customer

To: Maxim Pulau Tikus
The boss is very rude & provide lousy customer service!
Pity the staffs there because they are good but have to work with such a shit boss!
I’ll spread this news to all to ban this shop!

September 14th, 2009 at 10:43 pm
Baby Crying

Omg Maxim Cake House Pulau Tikus~
Good Gelato , But BAD service~
is Very B A D . OK

the High management level perosn really got to think about it ~ how they serve customer~ come on!

September 15th, 2009 at 11:59 am
awiad

went to Maxim Pulau Tikus to buy cake, after making my choice i opened the fridge door to have a better look at the cake and one of the staff told me rudely ‘dont open the fridge yourself’…bloody rude, never visiting maxim again.

October 25th, 2011 at 10:04 pm
Devi

Maxim Cake House is a well known place…….than y employ idiotic staff & spoil yr good name……I mean there is a malay staff with tudung looks like a bitch at Pulau Tikus, Pg branch…….on 2-12-11 @ 9.30pm, I went there 2 order a cake…….just bcoz it was time 2 go home she was VERY VERY VERY RUDE…………my 6 yrs old son accidentally knocked d pen holder while choosing a cake to b order from a catalog…….I quickly said sorry but she ignored it & kept scolding…….when I asked her y is she so rude, she did not even ask 4 a apology…….I requested 4 d boss h/p no & she answered very rudely tat she can’t simply give d boss h/p no…….tat means she is guilty……..y employ a staff with dis kind of attitude………

December 2nd, 2011 at 10:17 pm

One Trackback/Ping

1. Penang Food - Steamboat @ Sawara Pulau Tikus | What2See : Best of Penang Food!    Jul 31 2009 / 5pm:

[...] simple and fully air-conditioned. It is easily seen from the main road and is directly opposite Maxim Cake House. Click here for the Map [...]