Dec

3rd Penang Floggers Gathering – Potluck

Posted by: CK Lam   in Events

On Saturday, December 6, 2008, the Penang food bloggers had their third gathering with a potluck theme whereby everyone brought along their own food. With all the food laid on the table, it indeed look like an international buffet spread. There was a wide selection of delicious and addictive food which will definitely please every palate.

This nicely decorated and unique dish was prepared by Criz Lai. It has a combination of Spicy Chicken & Abalone Salad, stir fried Jack Fruit Pork Strips and Sambal Prawns which were very tasty and appetizing. He also gave out to each of us a pair of chopstick as a souvenir.

p1130289.jpg

Lilian Chan brought with her the ingredients for her specialty Smoked Salmon with homemade Focaccia bread, and prepare the dish there and then. Do check out the recipe for this yummy bread at her blog.

p1130286.jpg

Allen Ooi
with a creamy pot of Mashed Potatoe which is laid along with the ingredients for the cheese fondue.

p1130270.jpg

Jason & Gill
the couple prepared the Salsa Salad, Lemonade Drinks and the Cheese Fondue. Indeed nice experiencing dipping pieces of Baguette and Roast Pork in the homemade cheese fondue.

p1130330.jpg

p1130337.jpg

Steven Gohbrought along a pot of flavorful Kimchi Fried Rice which easily goes with any dishes.

p1130264.jpg

CK Lam
contributed a colorful palate of Sushi Rolls with varieties of  Chopped Baby Octopus Sushi, Fish Roe Sushi, Crab Stick Sushi and Unagi Sushi.

p1130248.jpg

Cheesecake Brownies and Lime Pie prepared by
Lingzie. I like the chocolate cheesecake brownies which was rich in chocolate, definitely is the cake for a chocolate lover like me.

p1130313.jpg

We were lucky to have bloggers that took the time to travel back from KL to join us in this gathering. This time around, we have Ken Chan, Rebecca and Min.

p1130304_0.jpgp1130318.jpg

Ken Chan with his Cantonese style of Stew Pork Ribs, German Sausages and Stuffed Roast Chicken. The bird was roasted on the spot.

p1130346.jpg

p1130311.jpgp1130306.jpg

Marinating spices and freshly cut capsicum and vegetables for the bbq. There are variety of sausages bought by Ken and prawns by Lingzie for the bbq.

p1130324.jpg

p1130327.jpg

Min aka 550ml Jar of Faith came with a Hakka dish known as Stir Fry Sohn Pan Tzai. Its a type of noodle which is hardly found in Penang. It was tastefully fried with many types of ingredients. This particular photo – courtesy of Ken Chan.

gathering3-017.jpg

Rebecca
provided us with generous supply of fresh fruits of mangoes, dragon fruit, watermelon and jambu air. These juicy fruits was a good accompaniment to this dinner.

p1130273.jpg

We had a great time catching up with all the bloggers and of course enjoying the wide spread meal. Thanks to Lingzie for arranging  this gathering, Gill & Jason for providing the space and also thanks to all the bloggers that took the time whipping up such yummy food.

p1130341_0.jpg

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

This entry was posted on Tuesday, December 9th, 2008 at 6:41 pm and is filed under Events. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

This is indeed the best potluck I have been to. Maybe it’s because we are all floggers and know what would be the best dish to bring along.

Anyway, I love your sushi a lot. Do tell me when you are having more next, I would surely buy up a plate. It’s the best sushi I had taken in ages. :)

Criz Lai´s last blog post..REVIEW – CHA YU KAFEI RESTAURANT

December 9th, 2008 at 7:50 pm

Gosh, what a spread u Penang Floggers had and not only write well but can cook a storm; the variety is certainly very interesting and I saw that screaming big mouth orange, very innovative indeed.

JENCOOKS´s last blog post..Eat Out in Japan —— KIKUYA "Chrysanthemum House"

December 9th, 2008 at 8:28 pm

Your sushi looks great! I missed another gathering. *sad*

allie´s last blog post..Kafe Kheng Pin

December 9th, 2008 at 8:37 pm
Tan

Wow!! CK looks delicious la!!!

December 9th, 2008 at 9:02 pm

all the food looks delicious!!! i’m so missing out on all these gatherings!!! sad that i’m usually not around during weekends

duckie´s last blog post..Mzi Bistro, New World Park

December 9th, 2008 at 9:23 pm

CK, do you make your own sushi? looks nice!!!must taste nice for sure!!!

December 9th, 2008 at 9:36 pm

Criz Lai – Your dish is one of the most impressive that I have come across in all my potluck event.

Jencooks – It is indeed a very balance food spread. That screaming big mouth orange that you mentioned is by our blogger friend, Criz.

Allie – Really hope you could join us in the future gatherings…will let you know the date when it is confirm.

Tan – Looks delicious leh… maybe we can also organize and get together for a potluck too…any ideas?

December 9th, 2008 at 9:49 pm

Duckie – Sorry to say, the gatherings are usually on weekends…but hopefully you will be able to attend one of it.

Simple Girl – I haven’t achieve that skill yet…haha.

December 9th, 2008 at 9:52 pm
Tan

Can can bila??? Hey when is our Sg Udang outing?

December 9th, 2008 at 11:47 pm

Hi CK! Absolutely luvvvv ur sushi! Like I said, so full of liow!!

December 10th, 2008 at 12:00 am

The whole gathering was indeed another great success …… and the Day 1 food trip are great too !!! Not to mention Day 2 (Today) which we pay a visit to Huat Kuay’s home town for fresh water prawns ….. after 6 hours and numerous time of hand wash, the curry spice smell still stick on our hand.

email2me´s last blog post..Wagyu Beef Yakiniku at Daidomon Japanese BBQ Restaurant, Kuala Lumpur

December 10th, 2008 at 12:29 am

Tan – You can arrange the potluck and the outing too… just give me a call, will definitely join in if time permits.

Email2me – I am glad that you took the time to join in the potluck and hopefully get to see you in the future gatherings too.

I too enjoyed myself during the makan-makan outing… and thanks for introducing all those yummy food outlets to me.

December 10th, 2008 at 12:41 am

Wat an great successful pot luck session. Btw, when are u gonna make us more sushi? Is nice and delicious.

December 10th, 2008 at 8:58 am

So great that you all can have a food bloggers gathering! And it’s in Penang where the best place of food in Malaysia :)

Heard that the next one will be held in Feb’2009? Is it gonna be in Penang again?

Selba´s last blog post..Bakmi Asui

December 10th, 2008 at 9:08 am

Another great gathering huh! All the foods look so delicious. lol When the next gathering? Hope not the dates that Criz mention in his blog’s. If not I will missed out again. lol

FoOd PaRaDiSe´s last blog post..ISARIBI Japanese Restaurant

December 10th, 2008 at 9:29 am

Oh, I have missed it again! The potluck food is so delicious, I think it is up to hotel’s standard. And, your sushi looks so colorful and appetizing!

soo sean´s last blog post..home-cooked-ecstasy

December 10th, 2008 at 10:57 am

Really excellent spread! Looking at the pics now made me long for all the goodies again! And it was great to finally meet you and everyone else!

550ml jar of faith´s last blog post..Breakfast at Petaling Street Wet Market & 7 Random Things

December 10th, 2008 at 3:17 pm

What a wonderful spread of yummilicious food! I am sure it is not only the food but the fellowship together makes the gathering more meaningful. All the food floggers gathers together..envy envy envy :))))

Elin´s last blog post..Hot Sweet Sour Crabs

December 10th, 2008 at 4:53 pm

Steven Goh – Will do so when I have grab the skills.

Selba & Food Paradise – It will be in February, and hopefully both of you will be able to join us then.

Soo Sean – The food spread in this potluck was indeed very delicious, and all of us had such a yummy dinner. Would be nice to see you joining us too.

December 10th, 2008 at 5:22 pm

Issshhh..i missed it! :(

December 10th, 2008 at 10:43 pm

It looks like an International buffet spread than a potluck to me! So mouth-watering!

lk´s last blog post..Hurray! Holiday Break!

December 11th, 2008 at 12:20 am

Wah, your sushi… beats Sushi King, Sakae Sushi, Sushi Groove, and all the other sushi powerhouse leh…

Make me drool here and there…aih..what a miss! Glad Penangite food bloggers are having so much fun…

I miss my home town so much now!

desmond-t´s last blog post..A Bad Time To Graduate

December 11th, 2008 at 12:57 am

I was rather looking forward to this 3rd flogger gathering but somehow missed it cos was just so bz with work n with family in early-Dec.

Looking at the pix, I will admit unashamedly that I was *glad* I missed it! Not glad for missing all the great food and company but glad that I missed the ‘pressure’ of preparing a dish that’s within the same range as what all the rest have prepared!

I may very well turn up with a simple, boring homecooked dish and end up hiding under the table the entire nite after seeing all the impressive food brought by the others!!

Hehehe….*phew*

Eleen´s last blog post..Bon Voyage

December 11th, 2008 at 1:53 am

I am not active during this gathering, i think u know why. i wish to taste all the food but i can’t, too bad. anyway, your sushi really looks beautiful!

allenooi´s last blog post..Japin Restaurant @ Queensbay Mall

December 11th, 2008 at 1:57 am

Aih…Can’t believe I miss all these =.=” Sushi looks great~…all of them looked great in fact…heartache…

December 11th, 2008 at 3:21 pm

wow…impressive food by all!!!!
Don’t know whether I should be sad to miss it or glad that I didn’t have to prepare any food which is way off-standard from what was brought to this gathering. You all are real foodies and chefs!!!!

anyway, when can I sample your sushi? :D

buzzingbee´s last blog post..Celebration at Matsuki

December 11th, 2008 at 3:22 pm

Cariso – This is the only gathering that you did not attend lor.

lk – We were also surprised with seeing such a wide spread…and of course we enjoyed eating the food.

Desmond-t – Would be nice if we could see you joining us on one of the gatherings.

December 11th, 2008 at 8:38 pm

Hope you all enjoyed the gathering on that night, as the food is too much for only 12 of us! The good food behind, end up with exhausted face…lol. I think we should blacklist the gathering held on Dec, coz the attendants rate are very low…haha

gill gill´s last blog post..Fatty Boy Chicken Rice at Restaurant 98 On Burmah Road

December 12th, 2008 at 1:02 am

Why why why? Why I missed the gathering? Sad la…I want to try all your homemade dish…look delicious.

Ah Shui´s last blog post..Bangkali Cheese Bread and Bangkali Garlic Bread

December 22nd, 2008 at 5:08 pm

Gill gill – All of us really enjoyed ourselves with all the yummy food and company of all the bloggers.

Ah Shui – There is always another round of gathering.
I am glad to see you dropping by. Are you back in Penang already?

December 23rd, 2008 at 10:56 am
Jamie

may i have the recipe for the cheesecake brownies by Lingzie ? tq

May 18th, 2010 at 10:54 pm

Jamie – kindly drop into lingzie.com to enquire about the recipe.

May 20th, 2010 at 9:59 am

One Trackback/Ping

1. David Lebovitz’s Cheesecake Brownie Recipe & Much Belated 3rd Flogger Gathering Round Up | Lingzie's Tummy Treats    Jan 03 2009 / 10am:

[...] CK Lam [...]