Do you like to know how does the editor of Rasa Malaysia looks like? A few of us bloggers got the privilege to meet up with this famous food blogger who was back in Penang for the holidays. We not only get to meet her but also dine with her at the Crab Village Restaurant which is just a stone throw away from the Floating Mosque in Tanjung Bungah. Thanks to Lingzie for arranging this meeting for us.

This restaurant has a sheltered open air seating area  and a fully air-conditioned dining hall. They offered a variety of fresh seafood selection. This first dish of kappa (clams) is fried with sweet and sour sauce, which is very appetizing and good for a starter.

p1120694.jpg

Next was the crab and prawn dish. Though there were a few method of preparing the seafood, we opted for the basic and traditional style – baked. They were baked till moist and served with their homemade seafood sauce to give that extra kick!

p1120704.jpg

p1120709.jpg

p1120691.jpg

Deep fried ‘jia hoo’ fish – fried until garing-garing (crispy) and most part of it can be consume except the main bone. Another deep fried item (I miss taking the photo) was the fried sotong, which all of us found to be slightly salty.

p1120711.jpg

p1120702.jpg

This plate of Hokkien Char together with all the seafood dishes and drinks cost RM327.

p1120686.jpg

All the ladies had the pleasure of taking photos with Rasa Malaysa… the first photo showing Gill standing on the left with Cariso, me sitting on the left, Rasa Malaysia in the center and Lingzie on the right. The guys, Jason and Penang Tua Pui did not have their photos taken. We had an enjoyable evening with Rasa Malaysia who kindly shares her blogging experience with us. We wishes her a safe journey back to the States and hope she will come to Penang more often.

p1120690_0.jpg

p1120679.jpg

p1120688.jpg

This is the frontage of the restaurant which has a relatively small parking area. Additional ones can be found in nearby Khaleel Restaurant. The photo of the floating mosque was taken at the rear of the restaurant. I was busy chit chating that I forgot to note down the address and telephone number of the restaurant but anyway here is the map location.

p1120671.jpg

p1120677.jpg

*** Updated of the address & telephone number on 8th September 2009.

Crab Village Restaurant
547 Mukim 18
Tanjung Bungah
11200 Penang

Tel : 04 8991551

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

This entry was posted on Saturday, November 29th, 2008 at 5:55 pm and is filed under Chinese, Events, Penang Restaurant, Seafood, Tanjung Bungah. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

Welcome home Rasa Malaysia …..

email2me´s last blog post..Food Tasting Session at Crystal Jade Restaurant

November 29th, 2008 at 6:59 pm

Wah! So good, can dine with rasa malaysia.
The kappa and the fried ‘jia hoo’ fish make me drool!

allie´s last blog post..Wai Kee Char Siew @ Sky Hotel, Chulia Street

November 29th, 2008 at 7:06 pm

wow…. so fast post liao a,…

really best blogger……

PenangTuaPui´s last blog post..Hawker Food | Roti Canai – Transfer Road

November 29th, 2008 at 7:08 pm

Email2me – I am sure Rasa Malaysia will be please to see your message.

Allie – The fish is good…very fresh and crispy, should try as it is seldom found.

Penangtuapui – nothing much to do today…so did the post.

November 29th, 2008 at 7:51 pm

The ‘jia hu’ is my favourite. Just bought a kilo from wet market this morning.

Sweet Jasmine´s last blog post..A Taste of Orange In a Cake…..

November 29th, 2008 at 7:51 pm

Thanks for introducing all the “pretty women” from Penang (including you!). Maybe I will bump into any of them in my upcoming trip. Hehehe!

lk´s last blog post..Sushi rolls ???

November 29th, 2008 at 11:02 pm

I admire and jealous leh!!! :(
I wish I can meet up with RM too.

New Kid On The Blog´s last blog post..New Lane Hawker’s Food

November 29th, 2008 at 11:08 pm

Sweet Jasmine – Looks like we both share the same liking for this fish…haha

lk – When are you coming? Do drop an email to me…I would like to meet you.

New Kid on the Blog – Perhaps you will meet her in the future.

November 29th, 2008 at 11:29 pm

omg!!!!

im really drooling for all of the seafoods….

TauSarPhneah´s last blog post..Happy B’day Mummy !!

November 30th, 2008 at 3:36 am

Tau Sar Phneah – Not many people heard of this place but do drop by to try out the food…its fresh.

November 30th, 2008 at 8:37 am

the crab looks so nice, got alot of the crab paste~~

November 30th, 2008 at 11:47 am

Luckily your photos still ‘reworkable’ , not ruined by me. :)

carisoriso´s last blog post..???: ????? (English translation)

November 30th, 2008 at 2:11 pm

i do read her blog but sadly not too often. btw, food looks good

duckie´s last blog post..Unknown Fruit

November 30th, 2008 at 8:11 pm
Ryan^83^

CK, u are the most elegant one!

December 1st, 2008 at 2:22 pm

Shell – This type of crabs has a lot of paste but it is the liquid type and not the lumpy and hard ones.

Cariso – Its alright, at least I still have a few copies to back up…no worries.

Duckie – Recommend to go for the deep fried ‘jia hoo’ fish.

Ryan83 – Thanks for dropping by.

December 3rd, 2008 at 6:40 pm

Wow! Look at all those cholesterol! Haha! I’m happy to see you all enjoying yourselves with great seafood :)

Criz Lai´s last blog post..REVIEW – SEVEN SISTER CAFE & RESTAURANT

December 5th, 2008 at 3:37 am

The mouth watering seafood dishes. And look at the crab roes.. I will definitely pay this place a visit :)

Chen´s last blog post..Marmite Breadstick

December 9th, 2008 at 8:41 pm

Criz Lai – We really had a good time mingling among ourselves and also eating those yummy seafood.

Chen – There are also the firmer type of crab roes beside this watery type…request those that you like.

December 9th, 2008 at 10:03 pm

Thanks for the great post and nice meeting you all. :)

To those who *wishes* to meet me, I feel truly honored, maybe next time yeah? More seafood, wahahahaha.

December 10th, 2008 at 3:18 pm

Rasa Malaysia – It was nice meeting you and we truly had a great time. We hope to catch up with you again soon, with plenty of Penang Food!

December 11th, 2008 at 2:55 pm
Guat Leng

Be warned! Food very very expensive. Taste so so only. Not much choice, u either have baked prawn & crab or more baked prawn & crab. The operator just want to finish off his stock by tricking u to consume kg after kg of crab & prawn. Be prepare to spent RM400 to RM500 without beer for 6 person. Enter at your own risk. This is dark shop.

July 16th, 2009 at 7:28 pm
Alicia

This is a horribly overpriced restaurant which takes advantage of peak periods. I dined there recently and the bill was shocking. We had ordered beer and some ice to go with it. We were charged Rm6 for a bucket of ice and Rm5 for a plate of ice. Altogether we had 5 buckets of ice as we ordered a lot of beer we were charged RM35 altogether just for ice. The other drinks were also priced extravagantly and not as listed. When we questioned the owner he started mumbling and could not answer us. Even though the food was good it was practically daylight robbery.Altogether it was a horrible dinner and you can be sure i am NEVER returning there again

June 24th, 2011 at 4:55 pm

1. Deep-Fried Fish and Seafood Galore | Rasa Malaysia: Asian Recipes and Cooking    Mar 01 2009 / 7am:

[...] you are in Penang, you can get this deep-fried fish at Crab Village Restaurant in Tanjung Bungah. Other killer seafood dishes that I recommend [...]

2. Penang Seafood @ Tua Peh Kong Tanjung Tokong, Penang; Sea Pearl Lagoon Cafe | What2See : Best of Penang Food!    Nov 15 2009 / 4pm:

[...] dish of coal-baked crabs and salt-baked prawns. I’ve eaten baked crabs in Teluk Kumbar Seafood, Crab Village Restaurant and Khuntai Restaurant, but I find this place produces the best baked crabs. The restaurant owner [...]