TGIF at Queensbay Mall, Penang serves great food and happens to be the place that we went to last weekend. As we already had a late breakfast, we went in for a light snack and a drink instead. This unique miniature cable car caught my eye on my way in.

p1100537.jpg

We were glad to see them having a new menu. While glancing through, I noticed that a few new items has been added to the appetizer, main course, desserts and juices.

My eyes suddenly sparkle when I saw this cute Mini Desserts. These desserts are served in mini glasses. There are a total of five mini delights to choose from. We had  three out of the five. The prices varies depending on the the number of glasses that you choose. For one mini delight @RM 3.90,  three @RM 9.90 and five @ RM 15.90. The more you order, the cheaper it gets per glass.

p1100508.jpg

Mocha Latte – Luscious mocha custard topped with fresh whipped cream and dusted with cocoa powder.

p1100515.jpg

Snickers’ Treat – Decadent, sweet chocolate custard covered with chunks of chewy Snickers bar. Personally, Snickers has never tasted this good!

p1100512.jpg

Strawberry Parfait – Delectable creamy-rich vanilla custard crowned with juicy fresh strawberry. Slurp!

p1100510.jpg

One can easily consume two glasses as you can see the size is relatively small, as scaled to a 20 cent coin shown below. Among the three, my favorite was the Mocha Latte.

There are two more yummy flavours that we would love to try on the next visit. There is the refreshing Tropical Delight and the Chocolate Oreo. So remember, make some room for this dessert when dropping by TGIF! It is highly recommended, and the best thing? You can have it any time of the day!

***

Just for fun!

I was recently tagged by Elinluv … seven facts about myself.  Well, here we go…

1. This food blog http://www.what2seeonline.com is my second blog, which is derived from the previous one. The first blog, www.tmytmz.blogspot.com which was created in June 2007 was meant to be shared with my two sons who were away from home at that time.

2. My whole family loves eating and we have been eating out since the earlier years, unfortunately we only started blogging lately. We still do eat out frequently nowadays and have many food outlets to be shared with all of my readers. Do continue dropping by for updates.

3. Before getting involved with blogging, I am just another housewife busy with the usual household routine, and raising my two sons.

4. I only ‘seriously’ learn how to use the computer when I started blogging which was just one and a half years ago.

5. I started off blogging with one camera and has since been using it till now…the faithful Panasonic Lumix DMC – FZ8.

6. I do read novels, but I’m reading more of books and magazine on deco and live style. I’m also into cross stitching, beads sewing and embroidery.

7. One of the happiest moment is seeing my food blog being featured in the Guang Ming newspaper. Furthermore, I have made plenty of friends through this blog, and I really appreciate all of you.

***

I am tagging my seven blogger friends. I hope they also have some fun with this too…

1. Foong – http://thefoodsite.net

2. Food Diary of Pickyeater – http://yumyumbites.blogspot.com/

3. Life Loves The Curious – http://pixieate.blogspot.com/

4. After Giovanni – http://aftergiovanni.blogspot.com/

5. Sweet Jasmine – http://mohlee56.blogspot.com/

6. Cariso – http://www.cariso-food.blogspot.com/

7. Lingzie – http://www.lingzie.com/

Here are the rules for tagging:
Link to my blog (tagger) on your blog.

Give seven facts about yourself.

Tag another seven bloggers by leaving a comment on their blogs and letting them know they were tagged and listing them (and their blogs) on your blog.

***

Happy enjoying all the sweets!

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

This entry was posted on Tuesday, November 11th, 2008 at 7:09 pm and is filed under Bayan Lepas, Dessert, Penang Restaurant, Tidbits and Snacks, Western Cuisine. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

the desserts looks yummy…

samyeap´s last blog post..Bandung: Grand Serela Hotel Review

November 11th, 2008 at 8:43 pm

Dessert is my FAVOURITE! Ok, bookmark liao. Tks. When r u going to showcase your handicrafts on cross-stiching, beads sewing and embrodeiry 2 us? :)

lk´s last blog post..One-dish meal – Featured recipe in Delicious Asian Food (Hochiak)

November 11th, 2008 at 8:59 pm

desserts!!!! yaaaayyy! my favourite! these look really cute. and oh i’ve been tagged ah…okie okie. will get to it! :)

lingzie´s last blog post..Murtabak & Nasi Tomato @ Jalan Sungai Pinang

November 11th, 2008 at 9:01 pm

Desserts! Yummy… my favourite!
Snickers I’m coming!!!

allie´s last blog post..Armenian Street Koay Teow Teng

November 11th, 2008 at 9:16 pm

desserts looks good .. and i can’t seem to access your blog for the past few days. what happened?

duckie´s last blog post..Malacca food & souveniors

November 11th, 2008 at 9:53 pm

Sam Yeap – taste heavenly too.

lk – After bookmarking my desserts, here are some of the handicrafts that I would like to share with you…

November 11th, 2008 at 10:13 pm

Lingzie – I know you have a liking for desserts and this mini ones are delicious.

Allie – Eating Snickers this way is so different…it goes well with the custard.

Duckie – Sorry for the inconvenience. There was a slight problem with the publishing of the Kirishima post…luckily was settled. Thanks for dropping by again.

November 11th, 2008 at 10:25 pm

Hi CK…thanks for tagging me :-P. I can’t do much at this moment. So, i will get into it the moment I have the time. take care and happy hoildays to you and family.

pixen´s last blog post..Sweet Pumpkin And Lily Bulb Soup

November 12th, 2008 at 1:13 am

wow….. very cute desserts. lol Since it is recommended by you then should give it a try. I never review the foods @ TGIF yet as I never heard a good reviews about this restaurant in Penang. I try the Melb one and it taste very good. lol

FoOd PaRaDisE´s last blog post..Midland Court Restaurant Sdn. Bhd.

November 12th, 2008 at 9:08 am

Pixen – No hurry. Hope you have good time too!

Food Paradise – Some of the items are pretty tasty. Maybe you could try it out and share your review with us especially so for the other two desserts that I didn’t try.

November 12th, 2008 at 9:29 am
SimpleGirl

Nicely presented dessert…..rather attractive pricing strategy as well…to attract us to order more.

November 12th, 2008 at 11:17 am

Strawberry Parfait looks so beautiful!

November 12th, 2008 at 11:45 am

Simple Girl – Prices are quite reasonable too…would be nice to order all of them.

Little Inbox – Looks good and yummy… the taste is more on the lighter side as compare to the chocolate.

November 12th, 2008 at 1:10 pm

After a heavy meal, there is always a place for desserts… Look good and delicious …
Cheers
Carole Tan

Carole Tan´s last blog post..GoL GoL Gol To Liverpool Nasi Lemak

November 12th, 2008 at 6:30 pm

Wow, these are great mini desserts. The popular steaks in TGIF is not to my liking as oppose to my meatlover sons. I always love to eat their moist mud chocolate cakes with their icy bites. Will go for these when I’m off pantang.

Sweet Jasmine´s last blog post..Moments of Agony……

November 12th, 2008 at 6:59 pm

TGIF in PG…has always been “YUCKS!” from me, except the dessert. Alamak, tagged?! :p

cariso´s last blog post..????? (Conches Soup)

November 12th, 2008 at 10:58 pm

Carole Tan – Whereever I go, I will try my best to leave a place for dessert…haha

Sweet Jasmine – I love their mud chocolate cake and their sundae…but do share out the sundae as it comes in a big glass.

Cariso – Go and try out the mini ones…they are really yummy :)

November 13th, 2008 at 9:31 am

Oh wow. Now I definitely need to go to TGIF just to try those out! Somehow I always forget about their mini desserts and ordered the mocha mud pie which is simply heavenly.
Thanks for the tag…will do it when I have the time.

Foong´s last blog post..The one post when apples aren’t low-calorie and healthy

November 13th, 2008 at 12:47 pm

wow… new menu.. gotta go check it out d…
the dessert look very nice… tempting.. i start drool d…

JamieDawnRose´s last blog post..Arirang- Korean Restaurant

November 13th, 2008 at 1:10 pm

Haaha… went there yest… but too bad there’s no more snickers… so they use the mocha latter as the base for me… but it’s still yumyum..

Mabel´s last blog post..Finally it’s overrrrrrrrrrr

November 13th, 2008 at 2:43 pm

Foong – I will also go and have the mocha mud pie that you recommend.

Jamie Dawn Rose – The new menu has some interesting new items but some of the old ones have been taken off too.

Mabel – Wow..so fast. Glad that you like it.

November 13th, 2008 at 6:05 pm

wahhh..I must say for someone not very IT pro you sure improved a lot! ur website is really very organised and easily search-able. I like the small “columns” you got at the side..breakdown by months, etc. cool!

Rebecca´s last blog post..Behind the kitchen at Edeiweiss Cafe, Penang

November 13th, 2008 at 6:28 pm

Rebecca – Glad that you like the layout of my blog. I spend quite some time learning and getting my way through..iIts a bit tedious and time consuming but happy that I managed to come so far.

November 14th, 2008 at 9:39 am

I think I should go have a try. Thank for your sharing!

Wan Sen´s last blog post..Orang Asli Village

November 15th, 2008 at 2:33 am

And one more is, your website layout looks really really glamours!

Wan Sen´s last blog post..Orang Asli Village

November 15th, 2008 at 2:36 am

I had tried that once in TGIF for the mini desert. I love Snickers’ Treat and Mocha Latte but I don’t like the Strawberry is like drinking cough syrup

StevenGoh.com´s last blog post..Budget Travel, Water and Moon Festival @ Siem Reap, Cambodia

November 15th, 2008 at 9:06 am

Wah best best desert!
The next time I return to Penang, hunger for food, your blog would be primary target for food hunting!

desmond-t´s last blog post..Ming Court HK Dim Sum in Ipoh

November 15th, 2008 at 3:59 pm

Wan Sen – Thanks for dropping by…

Steven Goh – Do try out the other two more flavours besides the ones that you had.

Desmond-t – Glad you find this guide useful…stay tuned for updates :)

November 16th, 2008 at 1:23 am